Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-19-13, 04:29 PM  
mercedes

Anyone has any inside info as to what some BF deals may be? For instance, last year, someone posted what Beachbody would discount. Anyone knows any advanced info so I can prepare my budget?
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-13, 05:42 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
But excercise videos are still a good Black Friday deal! Yeah!
I was thinking the same! lol

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-13, 05:51 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
So my question is why go Black Friday shopping?
Well, same here.

I just can say when I bought my laptop some years ago, I got it before Christmas, and like 2-3 weeks later (for boxing sales), it was almost half price , I didn't know as it was my first year here, so I'm guessing it is the same for BF..? But, as it said, it is not a rule, if you have been checking for an item for a while, you can actually know if you're getting a good deal or not, and not just assuming it is a good deal because it is BF, if that make sense. I also know a little business owner, who buy all the winter clothes for his kids in January, he buys them bigger so they can fit next winter with no problem, he says that is the only way he can afford them.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 11-19-13, 09:51 PM  
ellaenchanted

I read an article last year that many electronics and appliances are made especially for Black Friday/Holiday deals. So, they will have almost the same model number but not quite (ie 99992 vs. 99992A) and apparently are not as good/same quality.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-13, 11:12 PM  
hypnomoon

I wonder what is left!!!
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-13, 11:52 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I read an article last year that many electronics and appliances are made especially for Black Friday/Holiday deals. So, they will have almost the same model number but not quite (ie 99992 vs. 99992A) and apparently are not as good/same quality.
Wow... Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
I wonder what is left!!!
Good question... Haha!!

Old 11-20-13, 03:19 AM  
antbuko

I have purchased a few doorbuster items over the years, back when doorbuster meant get to the store by 8:00 a.m. My daughter goes to the mall at midnight after Thanksgiving and does a bunch of Christmas shopping and comes home at 7:ish a.m. She gets some good deals but really it's just a fun tradition that she and her BFF started. I think that if you miss out on Black Friday you are not really missing out at all. Retailers will bend over backwards to get your business right up to the last weekend before Christmas.
Old 11-20-13, 10:11 AM  
mtnmom

I hate the fact that stores have pushed back opening times further and further. I feel very badly for the employees who have to go into work on Thanksgiving night and deal with such madness. Thanksgiving was one of the last holidays that wasn't commercialized to death, and now it's gone to this.
Old 11-20-13, 10:17 AM  
sciencelady

So I guess that leaves soap, ties, and socks .
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 03:07 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I have purchased a few doorbuster items over the years, back when doorbuster meant get to the store by 8:00 a.m. My daughter goes to the mall at midnight after Thanksgiving and does a bunch of Christmas shopping and comes home at 7:ish a.m. She gets some good deals but really it's just a fun tradition that she and her BFF started. I think that if you miss out on Black Friday you are not really missing out at all. Retailers will bend over backwards to get your business right up to the last weekend before Christmas.
I once read that people were doing the line since midnight to buy on BF, I thought it was THE DEAL OF THE YEAR to do such a sacrifice like that, I can't bring myself to the store not even at 9am Such a lazy bun! Btw, what is BFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
I feel very badly for the employees who have to go into work on Thanksgiving night and deal with such madness. .
Same here, they should stay at home with their families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
So I guess that leaves soap, ties, and socks .

Tags
black friday, shopping, things to not buy