Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-13, 06:28 PM  
kristiep

I have the Slim Series DVDs, and the workouts are just too long and somewhat repetitive. But they are good workouts. I wish Debbie would re-work each of them into 2-part programs. 30-minute workouts are really good for me nowadays. I only do longer workouts on the weekends when I don't have to get ready for work and kids to school.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 07:18 PM  
TinaT

Do any of you use the Slim in 6 with weights? Can you take it from a beginner and bring it to an intermediate level? I don't think I would want Slim Series.. but I'm thinking about Slim In 6.

ETA: And what's up with the Slim Express?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 07:22 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
What concerns me about SI6 is that it appears you do the same workout for 2 wks at a time. Or is there more than one workout on each disc? I cannot and will not do the same routine for 2 wks straight. It states you only get 3 workouts. At $50, that's alot of money. I paid less than that for HHA and RB together.

What do you truly get?

TIA ~
You get exactly what you said above -- the same routine every day for 2 weeks.

I owned and sold the newer set twice. I never made it past 3 days of Start It Up because it was just too much plus the music is uber boring to me. But I know people who swear by Si6 and get great results from it, FWIW.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 07:27 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
I have the Slim Series DVDs, and the workouts are just too long and somewhat repetitive. But they are good workouts. I wish Debbie would re-work each of them into 2-part programs. 30-minute workouts are really good for me nowadays. I only do longer workouts on the weekends when I don't have to get ready for work and kids to school.
Ditto that!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 07:35 PM  
StephanieF

Quote:
Since Tonique came out Slim Series seems so tame by comparison
I hope i'm not hijacking, I have one Tonique workout, which ones do you think would be similar to slim series? I think mine is mat. I love the results I got with a slim series rotation but haven't done a strict SS rotation in a long time. I wish Debbie would do more workouts like that. I got 2 of the slim series express workouts and I wasn't impressed at all.

Tina, I have a DVD of "keep it up" if you want to borrow it PM me. Keep it Up is post-SI6 but pre slim series. I never used it enough to remember how challenging it is, but she uses bands in it. I subbed weights for bands in slim series-mix it up without a problem.
StephanieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 07:46 PM  
SueT

The only Tonique workout that is anything at all like Slim Series would be Tonique Premier, Sylwia's first one. I remember when Premier first came out some people were saying it was like the lunge series in Tone It Up but it went on for 45 minutes! The lunge series in Premier is really only about 25 minutes long, but it's preceded by 17 minutes or more of squats, so that's why Tonique is so much harder than Slim Series.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 09:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I rarely do a complete SS workout at one time. They are very well-chaptered and I always shorten it by either skipping a segment or just stopping at a certain point and easily picking it up at that point the next time. But I also would love an updated and shortened Slim Series. I also like Slim Series Express even though they are much shorter.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 11:09 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I rarely do a complete SS workout at one time. They are very well-chaptered and I always shorten it by either skipping a segment or just stopping at a certain point and easily picking it up at that point the next time. But I also would love an updated and shortened Slim Series. I also like Slim Series Express even though they are much shorter.
I love Slim Series Express and thought I was the only one. Most people here really disliked them.

I too would love a new Slim Series filmed with shorter workouts.

Tina~the new Slim in 6 set that Debbie filmed has Debbie and one backgrounder using bands and the other using weights.

I personally think they re-filmed Slim in 6 because it's an infomercial set where Slim Series isn't. That means it gets more exposure and thus more sales.
Old 02-25-13, 11:28 AM  
TinaT

cherimac ~ Thanks for clarifying. It makes sense. I'm trying to decide if I can do a hybrid rotation using HHA, RB & Slim in 6 and maybe the slim express. I will never be able to do one routine for 2 weeks at a time. Just isn't going to happen.

How does everyone actually use the Slim In 6 Series? As recommended?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 12:26 PM  
dnna

I never did the rotation of Slim in 6 because I progressed quite rapidly through start it up. But Ramp it up and Burn it up are on the same level of the Slim series workouts ( to me), I think Burn it up is a very tough workout. I think it is definitely as hard as Keep it up, the add on disc.
Back in the day, 10 years ago , and through that decade I did RAmp it up and Burn it up with my slim series workouts for a very very tough rotation.
I for sure could not do that now, with a irritable shoulder.
If you were to do a rotation, I would think that adding a cardio workout in between or even doing the SinS workouts a couple of times a week would be great. Think of them like Karen Voights great weighted workouts. I would not do that one everyday for sure
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, firm it up, keep it up, slim in 6, slim series