Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-13, 07:37 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post

Worse than being 20 steps from 15k is walking all over creation, fantasizing about all the fabulous steps you're going to clock, only to realize you FORGOT TO PUT IT ON.
Yep, that is bad. That is why I obsessively check mine which is probably why the display broke.
I was at WORK talking with my female boss and I just reached into my shirt, pulled it out of its holster on my bra and looked at it.
I didn't even notice what I had done until I saw her horrified look.

My assurances that I had never done that with clients was not readily accepted.

I did it one time sitting in my car in a turn lane. I reached in, pulled it off my bra, looked at it, put it back in, looked over to my right and in the car next to me was a dad from DD's school, waving at me. He was laughing. I haven't seen him to talk to him since, but I wonder what he was thinking I was doing.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 07:38 PM  
mommy2two

I was proud of myself and exhausted when I ended the day earlier this week with a little over 7,000. Now this makes me see I need to move more - alot more.
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 07:39 PM  
Harantwanders

I have never done 20,000, that's great. I am more OCD with my Fitbit premium goal that is added to the 10,000 steps on the 13-week trainer to move me from lightly active to very active. I just don't feel right unless I hit 100 percent daily on that.

I love my Fitbit.
Old 01-17-13, 08:00 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two View Post
I was proud of myself and exhausted when I ended the day earlier this week with a little over 7,000. Now this makes me see I need to move more - alot more.
Whatever you can do is great.

There are weeks where I wonder if I will get 10,000 total for the week.

I have a large, poorly laid out house. Doing laundry will get me 2,000 steps. When I stand at the sink doing dishes, I move side to side. I will just stop and jog in place for 15 seconds ever couple of minutes. My family thinks I am crazy, but they are accepting of me.

And let me emphasize this is while I am ON plan. When I am not ON plan, then I am in the corner of the couch reading, You Tube-ing, doing everything I can not to move.

If work is busy, I basically sit all day. I am a freelance court reporter. Today the witness didn't show. I just went in the hall and did repeated circuits of the floor. I could see in the office and directly into the conference room so I knew they weren't waiting for me. She never showed, we waited 45 minutes so I got a lot of steps. I also did wall squats. And the parking lot for this place is a PITA so I had a long haul from the lot into the building. Then I had to go run take a depo that there was an issue with. That put me in another PITA parking situation with a lot of walking into a building with a massive lobby that I had to walk across just to get to the elevator. I am doing the Leslie challenge so I did an early morning Leslie and 30 minutes on the mini-tramp.

So it is all a head game. My goal is to see how long I can go hitting 10,000 a day.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 08:11 PM  
JEWEL659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I can't take credit for 'step ho.' It's what my DH calls me when I am marching in place beside our bed in my pj's just so I can reach whatever milestone I'm close to reaching.

Worse than being 20 steps from 15k is walking all over creation, fantasizing about all the fabulous steps you're going to clock, only to realize you FORGOT TO PUT IT ON.
Exactly what happened to me. I showered and changed clothes and when I looked down at my blouse and church last night, my Fitbit was nowhere to be found! I was mortified!
Old 01-18-13, 07:12 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
Yep, that is bad. That is why I obsessively check mine which is probably why the display broke.
I was at WORK talking with my female boss and I just reached into my shirt, pulled it out of its holster on my bra and looked at it.
I didn't even notice what I had done until I saw her horrified look.

My assurances that I had never done that with clients was not readily accepted.

I did it one time sitting in my car in a turn lane. I reached in, pulled it off my bra, looked at it, put it back in, looked over to my right and in the car next to me was a dad from DD's school, waving at me. He was laughing. I haven't seen him to talk to him since, but I wonder what he was thinking I was doing.
haha! I have totally done that, too. A somewhat prudish friend was UTTERLY SHOCKED when she asked the time and I reached into my shirt to check it on the fitbit.

Jewel, I know--the moment when you realize you have forgotten your fitbit is a horrible feeling.. a sickness in teh pit of your stomach... esp. at church when you realize you have made an idol out of your fitbit... like the golden calf... <shudder>
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 09:18 AM  
ckfromca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
LOL!

I wish you hadn't posted this, Renda. My Fitbit Zip is listed as "out for delivery" today. And I am rather OCD about these things as well.
Where did you buy your Fitbit Zip? I am looking at the ones on Amazon but wondering if there is a better price somewhere else? thanks!
Old 01-18-13, 11:07 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckfromca View Post
Where did you buy your Fitbit Zip? I am looking at the ones on Amazon but wondering if there is a better price somewhere else? thanks!
I ordered from the Fitbit site: $59.99. Now I see that Target has an online special: $49 for the magenta Fitbit. Glad I got the white one, though.

I had been wondering how to discreetly check the Fitbit while at work, but Renda answered my question. Apparently there is no "discreet" with respect to the Zip.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 11:23 AM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two View Post
Over time I've gotten to around 9,400 a day. Just keep working at it!
Old 01-18-13, 11:43 AM  
hotncmom

LOL, we had another couple over for dinner and I had just gotten the Fitbit and I was excited to show them. So I said "Let me show you something" and reached into my shirt to pull it off my bra! You should've seen the look on the husband's face! It was a combination of
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compulsive, fitbit, sparks, steps per day, whining