Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-13, 04:49 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Fitbitter's/Pedometer Wearer's Dilemma

I have done a lot of steps this week even with work/family. I have my 10,000 plus steps for the day. I am tired and it is curl-up-on-the-couch weather. BUT I only need 4,000 steps to finish out the week's worth of 70,000 steps on a THURSDAY. This is the earliest ever for me.

But if I get those 4,000 steps, I will just need around another 2,000 to get to 20,000 for the day. Can you see where this is going? All of a sudden I am going from a good day at 10,000 plus steps by 4:45, but now I feel the need to go on a long walk IN THE RAIN AND COLD just to get to 20,000 (and yeah, I have been at 20,000 a day a lot so it is nothing new but it is nothing to sneeze at, either).

So I will probably just pull out the WIO and go bounce on the minitramp for a while and see what is what.

Darn this OCD personality.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 04:59 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Renda, truly, you have been an Amazon on fitbit. You're housing me every week. You, my cyberfriend, are a Step Ho.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 04:59 PM  
dbclark44

My hat is off to you getting in 10,000 steps. That is a challenge in itself. I bow to you at 20 .

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 05:01 PM  
JEWEL659

Renda,
The mini tramp is an excellent idea! I get lots of steps on my FitBit as well as a great calorie burn! It'll be worth it seeing the total steps climb higher.
Old 01-17-13, 05:02 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Renda, truly, you have been an Amazon on fitbit. You're housing me every week. You, my cyberfriend, are a Step Ho.
LOL!

I wish you hadn't posted this, Renda. My Fitbit Zip is listed as "out for delivery" today. And I am rather OCD about these things as well.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 05:03 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Ohh, Step Ho, I like it .

And before anyone bows, let's see if I get to 20,000.

I guess I will put on the granny panties and just do it.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
Old 01-17-13, 05:04 PM  
junico

Totally glad to see that i am not the only one. It drives me insane (in a good way) sometimes..if i don't hit my 10000, well i will keep walking, bouncing anything to get it there..it is a sickness.
junico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 05:07 PM  
JEWEL659

Quote:
Originally Posted by junico View Post
Totally glad to see that i am not the only one. It drives me insane (in a good way) sometimes..if i don't hit my 10000, well i will keep walking, bouncing anything to get it there..it is a sickness.
I only feel better when I have gotten my 10,000 steps. But Boy! When I get 12,000 or 15,000 I just hit the roof!!!
I admire Renda's 20,000!
Old 01-17-13, 06:41 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

At 17,987. Sigh.

My display is broken so I have to run back upstairs to the computer dock to see what I have. New FB is on the way. This lack of knowledge is making me crazy.

So if I just don't sit down and start reading, I should be able to get the 20,000.

Earlier in the week I didn't take the effort to plug in my laptop. I was 20 steps from 15,000. Made me crazy for the day. Yeah, and I even have a life so I don't know what my excuse is.

Thanks for the validation!

Words matter.

Old 01-17-13, 07:19 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I can't take credit for 'step ho.' It's what my DH calls me when I am marching in place beside our bed in my pj's just so I can reach whatever milestone I'm close to reaching.

Worse than being 20 steps from 15k is walking all over creation, fantasizing about all the fabulous steps you're going to clock, only to realize you FORGOT TO PUT IT ON.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compulsive, fitbit, sparks, steps per day, whining