Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-13, 07:57 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

@work:
kettlebell swings
TTapp moves that target the torso
pushups with my hands on the table (in case somebody knocks on my door, I can easily stand up)
walk to the break room

@home:
TA standing moves with all sorts of angled leg lifts
triceps pushups or side lying tri move like the one in P90X
firewalkers
squats while brushing my teeth
jumping jacks while waiting for the microwave to finish
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 08:38 AM  
andtckrtoo

I have a stability ball in my office and I sit on that most of the day. I bounce a lot. I'm in the open, but I've found that if I start doing something, a lot of my office mates are interested as well. We have 5 stability balls in my little area. I will also get up and walk around the building. It's not 20 minutes - more like 6-7, but it gets me about 700 steps and gets me outside in the sunshine.
Old 01-16-13, 10:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I use any excuse to go talk to someone at work instead of sending emails. You know, the point gets across so much clearer!

I get out for a walk on my lunch break that requires just a change of shoes. If I have an emergency delivery I do not call the courier in the afternoon, I walk it to another building myself.

Check out Barb S.'s channel on Youtube, she loaded all kinds of things you can do in full (I'm intrigued by Body Balance stuff she loaded up recently and plan to try that soon).

There is also Lee Holden's Seven Minutes for Health on Youtube which is non-sweaty and still gets your blood moving.

Every hour I also get up and just walk around, do pushups off my desk, do some barre type moves, and/or use hand weights or a stretchy band to just do upper body exercises. I'll step side to side, four-pace walk back and forth with a knee raise. I had a discussion with my office-mates and said "You can call me crazy if you want, I don't care." Two of the women are following my lead and the two men sit in their chairs vegetating, eating candy and clogging their arteries. I'd rather look like a nut.

ETA: If you have an exercise ball here's a great tip - a lady in my WW meeting said that she sits on her ball while watching TV and bounces on it during the commercials.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 10:33 AM  
brownie123

Every night in my jammies, I channel my inner Jack LeLane...I do leg lifts, push ups, sit ups, a little floor pilates and stretches...all while watching tv. It is great.

And, when I used to work in an office, I would volunteer to take the mail to the other buildings...they thought I was crazy, but it was a great way to get out and walk during the day.
brownie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 11:44 AM  
Fit Gal

I walk around the office as much as possible. I will volunteer to walk down the block to the mail box (unless it's freezing or raining).
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 03:34 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post

Every hour I also get up and just walk around, do pushups off my desk, do some barre type moves, and/or use hand weights or a stretchy band to just do upper body exercises. I'll step side to side, four-pace walk back and forth with a knee raise. I had a discussion with my office-mates and said "You can call me crazy if you want, I don't care." Two of the women are following my lead and the two men sit in their chairs vegetating, eating candy and clogging their arteries. I'd rather look like a nut.
Pat, I love what you said above!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 03:41 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Since I'm a school nurse and have kids coming and going all day the only thing I can do in my office is walk. When it's quiet in there I'll go to the secretaries office, which is behind mine, and I'll ask them if they have any errands for me to run. Or, I'll just walk up and down the hallways whenever possible. I wear a fitbit and always try to get at least 6000K steps in before I leave work. You'd be surprised how quickly that adds up!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 03:49 PM  
donnamp

Hi -

I need to be better at doing this consistently - when I work in the office I tend to get caught up in what I'm doing and not get up and move as much as I should. But when I'm being conscious of getting more movement in here's what I do:

- take a walk around town;
- climb some stairs in the stairwell;
- get up and just do some stretching or walk to a co-worker's office

I get to work at home 2 days per week and on those days it is much easier for me to move around. If I have the time I'll take a break and walk on the TM or outdoors for about 15 min. I will also do laundry which involves getting up to go downstairs to move from washer to dryer, etc. I will also take vacuuming breaks. And general stretching breaks - now that I have 7 min of Magic, I will do that, too.

I also used to do 5 sets of 20 push-ups (I had the best arms when I did that), but I fell off the push-up wagon. I really should get back on. I used to do a mini circuit of squats, pull-downs and push-ups.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 03:57 PM  
nevertoolate

I downloaded this free program to my computer http://www.scirocco.ca/. It pops up at intervals to remind me to take a break. I use it to remind me to get up and do something.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Brownie - I love your philosophy of channeling your inner Jack LaLanne!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiple workouts per day, sparks