Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-12, 07:58 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
My 15 yo DS (Aspergers Syndrome) has proprioception issues. It's not uncommon and it severely limits his ability to participate in sports. It's why we have him mostly use machines for weight training. There's a disconnect between what his body is actually doing vs. what he thinks it's doing.

Joan
Joan, I hope I didn't offend you by using the smirking face with that word! Though based on your response, it doesn't appear that I did. Just making sure... It just struck me as an odd term that I never heard before, but now I understand what it's all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I like all the input and the things I've learned here. I really want my daughter to love exercise and not be afraid to lift weights. But honestly, I don't think that a "teen" workout is necessary~my DD likes to exercise to other workouts of mine anyway.
+1

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 08:49 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

She must have known that I am on the no-buy 'til Feb
Old 12-24-12, 09:05 PM  
nairie

Can't wait for reviews! And such a great price, as it includes 4 (?) DVDs!

I hope she has previews soon! And I hope it's not all on the knees floorwork.

I love floorwork but only on the side/on the back variety (like Sylwia does in Tonique mat). Too much on the knees/plank work, although a GREAT way to work the entire body, puts TOO much stress on my back and wrists
nairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 09:31 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Did anyone notice that it comes with a "Metaband specially created for teen workouts"??? I'm interested to know more about this part of it...
Old 12-24-12, 09:33 PM  
nairie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Did anyone notice that it comes with a "Metaband specially created for teen workouts"??? I'm interested to know more about this part of it...

Yes Jennifer, I saw that too! I wonder what the metaband is!
Old 12-24-12, 10:11 PM  
lila_says

I'm assuming it is a resistance (aka firewalker) band --- that says Tracey Anderson on it.
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 10:28 PM  
nairie

Oh that makes sense about the resistance band! Sounds like it'll be a cool program!!
Old 12-25-12, 02:08 AM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I think TA may be one of the last instructors I would want influencing a teenage girl. There is enough pressure to be teeny tiny out there.
Totally agree!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-12, 04:13 AM  
juberann

I usually stay quiet on TA topics because I just never feel she's worth my time but, LORD FORBID she become a role model for teenage girls. Her "teeny tiny" message is ridiculous and dangerous. Like teen girls don't have enough pressure already (I know, I have a 16 year old girl). I don't even want my daughter knowing who she is much less what she has to say.
Old 12-25-12, 06:52 AM  
JP44

[QUOTE=furmomof6;2149368]Joan, I hope I didn't offend you by using the smirking face with that word! Though based on your response, it doesn't appear that I did. Just making sure... It just struck me as an odd term that I never heard before, but now I understand what it's all about.

Not at all, Christine! I understood from your post that you were unfamiliar w/ the term & just looking for clarification. TA seems to use her own vocab at times so any uncertainty is completely understandable.

Re: the actual workouts - before dismissing them as inappropriate for teens due to messaging, I'll wait & see what they are actually like. I have a 17 yo daughter myself.

I think TA has evolved re: how she sells her program (not much teeny tiny talk anymore) & I don't know that her emphasis on light weights is that different from many barre programs or Tonique for that matter.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, positive messages, proprioception, teen, teen meta, teeny tiny, tracy anderson