Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-12, 07:08 AM  
kariev34

Teen Meta

I just was on TA's website and saw her selling a new DVD for teens called TeenMeta. Anyone buy it? Thoughts?

http://tracyandersonmethod.com/inter...duct=Teen-Meta
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 07:42 AM  
SpiritSong

I think TA may be one of the last instructors I would want influencing a teenage girl. There is enough pressure to be teeny tiny out there.
Old 12-24-12, 08:17 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Agreed, yet I think this will be popular for that same reason.
And let me make a prediction - I'll bet most of her not-teenaged fans will be buying it too.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 08:19 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I think TA may be one of the last instructors I would want influencing a teenage girl. There is enough pressure to be teeny tiny out there.
I liked Meta a lot but tend to agree with you.
Old 12-24-12, 08:39 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsong View Post
i think ta may be one of the last instructors i would want influencing a teenage girl. There is enough pressure to be teeny tiny out there.
ita

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 09:51 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 10:27 AM  
furmomof6

I agree, I'd never want my daughter exposed to TA at an impressionable age. I am curious what it's all about though. Guess we'll hear the reviews in Feb 2013!

I came across this recent article on TA. She talks (a bit bizarrely if you ask me) about her method, and how her former employees have stolen her moves.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/fa...anted=all&_r=0

Can someone please define "proprioception perception"??

ETA: Sorry to get off-topic with the article!!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 10:54 AM  
moonbeam31

I agree-Weird article indeed. I like some of TA's workouts, but her whole perfectionist philosophy is bizarre and her "losing hope in all of humanity "because someone"stole" her moves- She has stolen moves from Joseph Pilates and Callan Pickney among others IMO. SO strange-but why, oh why can she NEVER have a clip of her workouts on her High-Tech website? People have to hunt them down on youtube and YUKO and do all kinds of crazy work to see a glimpse of her "greatness" She has a goddess complex if ya ask me! Yet-I am so curious to see what this Teen Meta is all about. The teens I have seen lately have the "problem areas" of 45 year old women! So that blows that theory out of the water! ha ha I look better than most teens I see at my daughter's school and I am almost 40 and have had 3 kids over the last 19 years of my life! I need to lose some weight for sure too. I may get this new one since it is only $25!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 12:04 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Agreed, yet I think this will be popular for that same reason.
And let me make a prediction - I'll bet most of her not-teenaged fans will be buying it too.
You're right!! I'm 49 and I want it for me. I don't care about the sculpting wos since I have plenty TA sculpting workouts. But I'm interested in the two cardio dance wos that come with it.

As for teenagers, I have two DDs. One is 19 and one is 14. Just like my older DD, the 14 year old dances four to six hours a day. So that's plenty of exercise since they always do push-ups, planks, and other conditioning work in their dance classes. Dance requires a lot of bodyweight work (they just make it look pretty). She is 5' 3 1/2" (still growing too) and weighs somewhere between 80-90 lbs. She definitely doesn't need extra exercise from any of my DVDs. My older DD still dances too and is a dance company director.

I'm mentioning this because for teenagers, I think it's more fun to do an activity that you enjoy. One of my sisters and I joined the track/cross-country teams. My other three sisters joined dance company and cheerleading dance team. My brother joined the football team. These things didn't seem like exercise. Plus like my DDs, we enjoy the friendships that come with joining a team.
Old 12-24-12, 12:06 PM  
firmaholic

Quote:
Ditto!!!!
firmaholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, positive messages, proprioception, teen, teen meta, teeny tiny, tracy anderson