Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-12, 09:06 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

P90X worked wonders for me! I was plateaued around 15lbs from my pre-baby weight after I had my 4th baby. I did a P90X Classic rotation and lost all of the weight plus an amazing amount of inches (3 inches off my waist!). Most of my results came within the first 60 days. Good luck with whatever you choose!
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 10:18 PM  
gigi

I keep saying I'm going to revisit CLX and do Debbie's revised CLX rotation. Maybe I'll start it next week...
Old 06-05-12, 04:37 PM  
wookiemouse

CLX is the only program I truly saw results with. I coupled it with C25K and dropped 4 clothing sizes in a year. Only lost 8 lbs tho! But it really got me toned. It IS shoulder intensive but it never gave me any issues whatsoever. And my shoulders and upper arms are totally cut now.

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 04:47 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

P90X is an excellent system, too! I've done a full Classic and a full Lean rotation, plus lots of halfsies.

For P90X, I would choose what you are weak at. For example, my strength is heavy traditional strength work, and my core is weak. The Lean rotation really did wonders.

Rooh, yes, CLX has a lot of shoulder work, but substituting some of the shoulder work with triceps work worked really well for me.

CLX has 3 distinct phases. The analogy that I like to use is the phases are like building a home:
Phase 1 Burn-is the foundation phase. Without a strong foundation, you'll have a weak structure. The exercises performed in this phase are "combination" exercises. I know the natural instinct is trying to heavy up for leg work, but don't. You'll work your lower body much more if you concentrate on isometric tension.

Phase 2 is the Push phase: This is when you will build a strong physique. This phase focuses on strength. You can reap some serious strength gains during this phase. I ended up having to buy a pair of 40 lb. 45 lb. and 50 lb. dumbbells for this phase. Don't be surprised if the scale goes up a bit the first week or two.

Phase 3 is the Lean phase: This is the phase that will finish your physique. This is where the magic is. This phase does contain compound exercises and the exercises are tougher! I've never shook so hard during a workout than I did during this phase!
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 03:40 PM  
princess76

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
P90X is an excellent system, too! I've done a full Classic and a full Lean rotation, plus lots of halfsies.

For P90X, I would choose what you are weak at. For example, my strength is heavy traditional strength work, and my core is weak. The Lean rotation really did wonders.

Rooh, yes, CLX has a lot of shoulder work, but substituting some of the shoulder work with triceps work worked really well for me.

CLX has 3 distinct phases. The analogy that I like to use is the phases are like building a home:
Phase 1 Burn-is the foundation phase. Without a strong foundation, you'll have a weak structure. The exercises performed in this phase are "combination" exercises. I know the natural instinct is trying to heavy up for leg work, but don't. You'll work your lower body much more if you concentrate on isometric tension.

Phase 2 is the Push phase: This is when you will build a strong physique. This phase focuses on strength. You can reap some serious strength gains during this phase. I ended up having to buy a pair of 40 lb. 45 lb. and 50 lb. dumbbells for this phase. Don't be surprised if the scale goes up a bit the first week or two.

Phase 3 is the Lean phase: This is the phase that will finish your physique. This is where the magic is. This phase does contain compound exercises and the exercises are tougher! I've never shook so hard during a workout than I did during this phase!
I was SASE'd CLX by a kind VF'er & bought TurboFire. I'm done with 6 weeks of CLX (with TurboFire and CLX cardio). I've only lost about a pound, but I've lost about 12 inches already! I also preordered Cathe's XTrain. This is my first heavy weight program, and I'm hooked! Thanks for the great advice!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 04:50 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
I was SASE'd CLX by a kind VF'er & bought TurboFire. I'm done with 6 weeks of CLX (with TurboFire and CLX cardio). I've only lost about a pound, but I've lost about 12 inches already! I also preordered Cathe's XTrain. This is my first heavy weight program, and I'm hooked! Thanks for the great advice!
You're welcome!

I'm thrilled that it is working well for you and congratulations on your excellent results to date. Yes, it definitely changes the way you want to train.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 05:08 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I keep saying I'm going to revisit CLX and do Debbie's revised CLX rotation. Maybe I'll start it next week...
What is Debbie's revised CLX rotation?
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 10:51 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

How about S90 with Tom Holland? I didn't like it, but DH did an extended rotation and got almost too skinny. I read here that they are selling it for as low as $4 at some stores.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 11:57 AM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
How about S90 with Tom Holland? I didn't like it, but DH did an extended rotation and got almost too skinny. I read here that they are selling it for as low as $4 at some stores.
I looked into that one, but judging from the clips, the production value is lower than I like. Did this bother anyone else?
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 02:03 PM  
cam522

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
I looked into that one, but judging from the clips, the production value is lower than I like. Did this bother anyone else?
The production quality isn't the greatest but there was nothing really bothersome to me, other than the 1st workout, Chest & Back which moved a little too fast at least for me but aside from that I like it, my daughter actually completed a rotation of this and she is worse than I am when it comes to following a rotation.

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, clx, fat loss, halfsies, p90x, turbofire