Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-14-12, 04:11 PM  
Aurora C.

Well, SharazPR, I'm open to either or both...I love that SS took away the need to figure out a rotation because I can get a little stuck in my own head if left to my own devices sometimes, but I don't mind mixing & matching as much as I used to. It's just that if I don't have an assigned workout to do it can potentially throw me off schedule in the mornings if I have too many choices & I have to think about it. I find it helps to know in advance what the rotation will be, but finding time to sit down to figure it all out in advance can be tricky too...I'm open to whatever brings the results I'm after though - mostly lean, strong, lengthened muscles.

It does seem that my body adapts & quits responding rather quickly though, so I like the muscle confusion aspect that P90X offers, because I can exhaust myself trying to change it up often enough to keep my body guessing, or I can stick with the same no-results routine too long too - which is kind of where I'm at. Plus I've done other Tony Horton workouts & I just love him, he's a goofball but I think he's a hoot!

And, yes! That's exactly it, I get big she-hulk arms with anything over 3lbs (maybe 5, but I don't even want to risk it!)

Good to know akaAnnie! I do have Netflix & I've been aware of Dove's Bodies but have resisted due to the price, mixed reviews & that some require a step - I don't like step, it's just too much trouble to break it out & put it away, unlike my rebounder, which just rolls on it's side right into its place & back ;-)

I just tried the Leah Serago Ballet Body/upper body...it was challenging & I felt it, but not too challenging, just challenging enough! I liked it, I broke a sweat, enjoyed the music & the moves, & learned that my balance really sucks, definite room for improvement there! ;-)
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 04:20 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
I wasn't expecting much when I bought them, but I love Brook Burke's workouts - to me they kinda combine SS with a little Tonique and Squeeze thrown in. She pays attention to those female trouble areas and has some killer ab work! Don't under estimate these!
Definitely agree. I also second Firm Volumes 1-3 and Cindy Crawford. My new found favorite is Jessica Smith. Her 10 Pounds Down Total Body Tune Up and 10 Pounds Down Better Body Blast are high rep/low weight circuit workouts.
Old 04-14-12, 04:23 PM  
Sharaz

she-hulk LOL I'm like that. I'm in the point that I don't do direct biceps/triceps work. I work those muscle secondary during compounds moves. If a circuit have those moves, it's ok bc is not too much work.

I also mix & match. I belive in muscle confusion too, and for that reason I do so many workouts types and always look for new ways to challenge my body.

You can add P90X for sure, but not sure if 90 days will be effective. Give it a try and see how your body response. I'm glad I was working together with a partner, and never spent the money. What I did was something like one week of heavy weigh, P90x for example, every other week or monthly. Changing routines works at least for me.
Old 04-14-12, 04:32 PM  
edensmom

Aurora C- try Cathe Butts & Guts. It has an amazing floorwork segment, probably about 45 mins long (?) that I use after cardio workouts. I tend to skip the standing exercises except the firewalkers and low-pulse lunges. Prefer this by 1000x over any of the BBL workouts. Cathe has excellent floorwork and lower body in general. I also love AS and for my body I find some of the effectiveness stems from high rep floorwork.
I also recommend Brooke Burke. Tough abs- for me at least!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 05:25 PM  
kariev34

I really wish they would make a new slim series
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 06:59 AM  
kariev34

I think there will be another slim series workout set. This was just posted on Debbie's FB page

"Check out this sneak peak of Debbie on set! Stay tuned for exciting news!"

Here is the FB link for those that have FB: http://www.facebook.com/#!/SlimIn6
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 07:02 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I think there will be another slim series workout set. This was just posted on Debbie's FB page

"Check out this sneak peak of Debbie on set! Stay tuned for exciting news!"

Here is the FB link for those that have FB: http://www.facebook.com/#!/SlimIn6
Debbie looks awesome! I will be watching for new info on this new project.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 07:07 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Definitely agree. I also second Firm Volumes 1-3 and Cindy Crawford. My new found favorite is Jessica Smith. Her 10 Pounds Down Total Body Tune Up and 10 Pounds Down Better Body Blast are high rep/low weight circuit workouts.
As usual I find myself agreeing with Cheri. These suggestions are dead on - in fact when Debbie's videos were first released they were compared with the early classic Firms. I'd definitely also add Brooke Burke's 2 workouts and, if you can get past the dated look, Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout (which is 85mins long, around the length of Shape It Up, but chaptered so you can customize it).

ETA - Also agree with bzar's recommendation of Gilad's workouts. His Quick Fit series is very high rep using 3-5lb weights and is excellent! He has other great workouts as well and yes, his older workouts are very worth doing.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 07:17 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Debbie has been tweeting about filming Sin6 I think it was last week she said they finished. This will be the second time they've redone Sin6. I wish they'd do a new SS instead. She tweeted pics of the set and the background exercisers.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 07:20 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora C. View Post
I've been aware of Dove's Bodies but have resisted due to the price, mixed reviews & that some require a step - I don't like step, it's just too much trouble to break it out & put it away, unlike my rebounder, which just rolls on it's side right into its place & back ;-)
Forgot about Dove! Yes she fits in there too. I don't like using a step either - her volumes 2 and 3 don't use steps. The set is dull and they're not terribly exciting, though. Maybe it's because Dove herself is kinda dry. She's been compared to Karen Voight but I think she's much drier.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit workouts, halfsies, leaning out, light-weight/high-rep, results, slim series, slim series success