Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-11, 12:55 PM  
susanrobert1

My goals for this year are to do all of my many, many virgins and to not buy anything until my credit card is paid off.
Susan
susanrobert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 01:18 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrobert1 View Post
My goals for this year are to do all of my many, many virgins and to not buy anything until my credit card is paid off.
Susan
This is a great goal!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 01:21 PM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrobert1 View Post
Susan
I'll file this one under "what my goal SHOULD be."
Old 12-23-11, 02:29 PM  
difit

After reading everybody's goals. I think we need a Virgin Dvd Check-in Challange in January so we can reach our virgin dvd goals.

GOALS FOR 2012
1. Work through the rest of my virgins that I didn't get to this year
2. Work through my collection again to see if I really want them, there were still a few undecided.
3. Keep my collection under 100.

Last year I did really well going through my collection to see if I really wanted them and had put several up for trade. I was doing really well on my virgin dvds until I got 2 systems . I did get my collection under 100.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 02:56 PM  
cardiomama

2011 goals of reducing collection went well (donated/gifted & STW), but I did acquire many new KB workouts, pre-rehab workouts & Tracey Anderson so I did not spend as little as I would have liked. But I was able to trade for many DVDs so that saved me some money. So I plan to buy less in 2012 than 2011 (plan for 6 months & re-evaluate in July), and really use what I have.

Plan for 2012:

1. No buy for 6 months for fitness (DVDs) & books, except I do plan to acquire VI circuits & specialization e-books (in a few months or if on sale, sooner).
2. Trading for fitness DVDs or books are fine.
3. B-days or special events don't count, need to really stick to the no-buy goal for 6 months (minus the planned VI purchase).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 07:36 PM  
Breezy Trousers

My first year here!

2012 NO/SLOW/WISE BUYING GOALS
1. Keep my 2012 DVD purchases under $300.
2. Only purchase DVDs in April ($100), August ($100) and December ($100). (Of course, I don't have to purchase * any * at all at the scheduled times -- can roll the balance over to the next allowed period for purchasing.) This gives me time to follow reviews & see how bandwagons pan out.
3. Trading for fitness DVDs or books will not count, nor will selling DVDs on the Ya-Ya board and using that $ for a new DVD.
4. Gifts don't count.
OTHER GOALS:
5. Give away one DVD or VHS a month through the SASE
6. Write 12 reviews a year as a thank-you to VF (goal: one a month)

I initially planned to keep my purchases under $200 this year, but I'm sure there will be an expensive kettlebell system or two that will quickly slice through that $200, so I'm giving myself a little cushion.

I'm considering limiting my visits to the General Discussion Forum once a week or even once a month ..... It's such great fun but, for me, it's like falling down a rabbit's hole -- I intend to visit for a few minutes and suddenly find I'm still hanging out there much later. I need that spare time for all the workouts & meditation I plan to do in 2012 (halo) ... It also influences a lot of my spending (duh) ...... Right now, I'm planning to bookmark daily check-ins and running threads I enjoy visiting (i.e., this thread, the book thread, RKS thread) .... We'll see....

Last edited by Breezy Trousers; 01-01-12 at 12:59 PM. Reason: On January 1, 2012, I revised my goal
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 03:12 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I'm considering limiting my visits to the General Discussion Forum once a week or even once a month ..... It's such great fun but, for me, it's like falling down a rabbit's hole -- I intend to visit for a few minutes and suddenly find I'm still hanging out there much later.
Tell me about it!

But I can only reform one bad habit at a time. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Old 12-24-11, 07:17 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I'm going with SpiritSong's plan-- a dollar a day sounds reasonable for me so the annual limit for 2012 will be $366 as well, and since one of the jobs I work pays in tips, I can physically put aside a dollar a day to hold myself accountable I spent way too much this year, so physically being able to see how much money I have to spend will make it easier for me to hold back. I also had already planned on the prepaid Visa idea for my fitness spending, so I can just take my $30-ish dollars every month and load it on my card.

This plan also means no spending in January while my first month's dollars accumulate.
zraipel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-11, 03:24 PM  
alisoncooks

Alright, I have finalized my plans (page 1 of thread) and I am about to add them to my signature for accountability!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-11, 03:25 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Tell me about it!

But I can only reform one bad habit at a time. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
And ditto on this. Maybe Gen. Discussion reform will be my 2013 goal...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 goals, goals, no buy, vidiocy, vidiocy recovery