Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-11, 10:43 PM  
MARIKA

No, I don't think sticking it out is making a difference. I'm going to try to adding in some BB Bridge work after to see it that helps.I'm about down to the last 20 days so I'll finish it. I guess then it's back to Sylwia & my other stuff.
Old 09-22-11, 04:03 AM  
jkpenguins

Ugghh, I responded yesterday to the post about TA and bulking abs. Not only does my waist look thicker, but I do also notice the cellulite thing on my legs. And I swear it looks like my saddlebags are bigger. So for me, nothing good is happening.

I've been so proud of my dilligence with TA. I never have a problem with working out with other instructors (meaning the motivation), but when it comes to floorwork, usually I hate it so much that I don't do it. With TA I've not missed a day and even do it at 5am. This is NOT what I thought would happen as far as the shape of my body. I know the freaked out feeling.

I do have BBL, but never was consistent with it. Maybe I should give it a try. Also, I've never tried any barre-type workouts. I am so confused and disappointed at this point. I feel like I should at least give TA 30 days, but it is getting really hard to want to keep going because every time I look in the mirror, I'm disappointed. Not good.

--Jen
jkpenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 06:48 AM  
Missiscipi

Jen - I just started a BBL rotation this week due to me having surgery and can't do upper body work and can't do weighted lower body work. Plus I really need to work on my lower half. I will update if I start to see results. I "feel" and it looks like my thighs are smaller but I could be wishful thinking
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 09:18 AM  
chrisqan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpenguins View Post
Ugghh, I responded yesterday to the post about TA and bulking abs. Not only does my waist look thicker, but I do also notice the cellulite thing on my legs. And I swear it looks like my saddlebags are bigger. So for me, nothing good is happening.

I've been so proud of my dilligence with TA. I never have a problem with working out with other instructors (meaning the motivation), but when it comes to floorwork, usually I hate it so much that I don't do it. With TA I've not missed a day and even do it at 5am. This is NOT what I thought would happen as far as the shape of my body. I know the freaked out feeling.

I do have BBL, but never was consistent with it. Maybe I should give it a try. Also, I've never tried any barre-type workouts. I am so confused and disappointed at this point. I feel like I should at least give TA 30 days, but it is getting really hard to want to keep going because every time I look in the mirror, I'm disappointed. Not good.

--Jen
Jen- I'm sorry that's happening to you! I've been with the program for 7 months (just finished 2 rounds of Meta/Continuity) and there definitely has been ups and downs. Although I've noticed I'm more toned overall, I haven't reached my goal yet- which is a slimmer waist and a perkier butt. But overall, I'm happy I stuck with it all those months, because I think I will continue to change. I don't ever believe I could "achieve perfection", but I think I can looked more toned if I stick with it for a whole year. Gwyneth, herself said it wasn't until she got really good at the cardio, which took a year, that she really saw results. Give it a full month, then at least you can say you tried.
Here is what TA says about increased cellulite:

After doing the first few levels of Metamorphosis, I’m seeing some cellulite where I didn’t have it before, is this normal?

"Yes! Do not be alarmed, this is normal and is actually great news because it is a sign that you are really transforming. The cellulite will go away as you continue your progression and there is a very simple explanation as to why you may be seeing cellulite, particularly in new places. As you know by now, your muscular structure is absolutely critical in order for me to design your body and change your muscles. Cellulite consists of stubborn fat that lies is between your muscle and skin, the dimpled look is because the fat sticks to the muscles in certain places and is not evenly spread. When you first start Metamorphosis, and are doing the moves correctly, your body will pull any stubborn fat away from the muscle and push it to the surface, which can create cellulite. Often times, the fat can be really marbled into the muscles and the process of pulling the fat out can take some time and persistence in your muscular structure work. When the stubborn fat is closer to the surface, it is easier to burn off, and the cardio component will do that, leaving you with toned (and cellulite free!) muscles. This is also why cardio is so important, I can’t stress the point enough! It’s also a great idea to do cardio y in a warm room, which will help you drip in sweat and help combat stubborn fat in your problem areas. Again, don’t be worried if you see cellulite, because it’s a sign that you are well on your way to transforming!"
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 10:59 AM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I'm doing my kb's as well. I think maybe my previous barre rotations were tougher than Ta's so I'm going backwards in progress. When I'm doing Pure Barres, BB's. Rockin Models, Booty Barrre & all the other stuff I was doing prior my butt was firmer, tighter, no saddlebags which is what I'm noticing most.
That could be the case of your body just needing something more than what the Meta program offers (due to all of your previous experience w/ barre workouts). I don't use/like many barre workouts so the TA floorwork is something newish to me. But as much as I like TA's floorwork (she really is creative w/ the angles/directions of exercises), I do wish that it was less on all fours, w/ more incorporation of side-lying, kneeling or even some standing lower body focused exercises.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 11:25 AM  
carres1973

I always find it so interesting when everyone gets such vastly different results from a program. I am on the last level of Continuity (1) Hip and am LOVING the results on my lower body. Granted, I had/have A LOT of weight to lose. However, my hips are DEFINITELY trimmer, my thighs are slimmer and I have noticed less jiggle/more definition! Even my abs and upper arms are smaller and they were/are WAAAAAY out of shape.

Guess it just goes to show that we really are each unique butterflies!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 11:55 AM  
Scbayless

Not me at all actually. I'm in the middle of Omni. cont. (day 9 of level 5). My legs are frick'n chiseled looking! It's weird actually. I've always had jiggly thighs but now they have cuts in them that I can see while working out. I'm doing her DC a lot though... maybe that's the difference?
Old 09-22-11, 01:07 PM  
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
Not me at all actually. I'm in the middle of Omni. cont. (day 9 of level 5). My legs are frick'n chiseled looking! It's weird actually. I've always had jiggly thighs but now they have cuts in them that I can see while working out. I'm doing her DC a lot though... maybe that's the difference?
I am so jealous. I would looooooooove to have chiseled legs!!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 02:20 PM  
MARIKA

I don't know. If I had cellulite hiding and I never saw it and my legs looked good why would I want it to come out? Just to fight to get it to go away? So I'm on Level 8 and this all should come together in a little over 10 days? Perhaps the magical Level 5 that I'm missing is the key. After fighting for over a month to get it, they said one WOULD be shipping. Just ship it! Don't tell me it will be shipping.
Old 09-22-11, 02:36 PM  
sweatmonger

I've been fully committed to TA since January, and I love my legs now. They're like Scbayless' described: lean and chiseled. I've got definition between my quad and inner thigh; I especially love seeing this when I walk in shorts.

But there are 'ugly' phases to TA's Meta. There were times when I felt jiggly and soft, and it's funny that it doesn't get talked about more. But I really do think it's just a phase. The key is to just keep on trucking with TA, and see what happens.

Metamorphed with TA June 2011
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson results