Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-11, 06:05 PM  
Nelly G

What did you do to lose the last pounds?

I want to lose my last pounds, 15 pounds after loosing already 31 pounds.
I do not know if I say this in good Englisch but I stay on the same weight and hit a plateau. Do you say that, plateau?

I eat healthy and I workout 5 times a week. I do rebounding for cardio for 1 hour, 20 minutes interval at my threadmill at 3 days and I add barre workouts with that or Tracy Anderson. At the 2 other days I mostly do only 1 hour of rebounding. On the 2 days I do not workout I walk an half hour during my lunchbreak.

Did you ever stay on the same weight at a time and what did you do to change that. If I train with heavy weights I bulk up which is not nice so that is why I do mostly barre or Tracey. What must I change?

Does someone has advice for me? Thanks in advance.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 06:27 PM  
icebergslim

You have to change it up. If you keep doing the same cardio everyday you body adjusts and hits a plateau.

I did bootcamp workouts that pushed the last 10 off. Anything that was interval training either cardio or cardio/weights helped push the last 10 off.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 06:29 PM  
RedPanda

Hi Nelly

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

Yes, we do say "plateau" and we hate it! To keep losing, you either need to cut back a little on your calories (while still making sure you are eating enough to keep working out) and/or exercising more intensely.

I would suggest adding more intensity to your workouts, or working out for a longer time period, because once you do get down to your goal weight, you will need to keep exercising to maintain your weight loss. I would suggest adding in a long run on your treadmill once a week, and maybe an extra hour of a different kind of cardio, maybe kickboxing, or athletic intervals - just something different to shake up your body.

You could try that for four weeks or so and see what a difference it makes.

Good luck!
Old 02-14-11, 07:16 PM  
Fitstick

I know that we can't talk about diet- but when I really focused in and tightened up on my eating, it made a huge difference and I lost the fat around my belly (which I could not lose no matter how much I workout). So the workouts are important but the eating (and drinking) is just as important. I also agree that you have to change up your workouts to keep your body surprised -
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 07:20 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

For me, those stubborn 10 pounds I could never get rid of only came off with diet, which we can't discuss here.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 08:18 PM  
poohpeggy

Shock your system. I would take on additional exercise, such as swimming, walking, biking, spring cleaning, etc. Work diligently at whatever you do. Your body should be saying "what the heck"...
Be smart with your food choices. Carefully follow the cardinal rule of calories in verses calories out. Peggy
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 09:05 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Eating "healthy" isn't enough - your calorie intake is going to have to be lower than what you burn. Make sure your workouts aren't causing you to overeat, or sit around for most of the day.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 09:10 PM  
sunday

I plateaued for two months, but didn't do anything different; I was just patient and waited it out, and it finally broke. Just keep doing what you know you should be doing - eating less and moving more - and eventually it will work.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 09:38 PM  
Mandy

Kathy Kaehler said in her book that she was trying to lose the last pounds after her twin pregnancy and Tae Bo did it for her. That is what made me try Tae Bo. I would recommend Tae Bo just because I see results in just 2 weeks doing it 4 days a week. Doing 2 basic Tae Bo's(30 minute..slower beat) and 2 advanced Tae Bo's(faster beat and longer 45-50 min).
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 06:12 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Great ideas!

Exercising twice a day helped me in the past...I normally work out mid-morning and then I either added a Classical Stretch tv episode or Kundalini practice earlier in the morning or a late-afternoon "spark" workout of 20 to 45 minutes (either DDR, Wii Walk It Out, Classical Stretch, or simple hi-lo/dance cardio - nothing strenuous except for DDR ).

More movement throughout the day is what I was going for.

Also, I did watch what I was eating a bit more, too, but not much (mostly I cut down on alcohol). That said, I respectfully disagree with the strict calories-in calories out thing. I know we can't discuss diet here but I seriously wonder if some people are not eating enough when they are trying to lose weight...it is all about quality of food for me. Of course, over-indulging is not good, either. Someone posted some great links about metabolism/food chemistry here a while back and I took them to heart and have been doing great ever since. I eat WAY more calories than I expend.

Good luck!

Tags
last 10 pounds, last 5 pounds, multiple workouts per day, plateau, sparks, weight loss