Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-11, 01:46 PM  
bigpeeky

physique 57 - no cardio?

I know i've asked this before (well, i think i did) but what kind of results has anyone gotten doing physique 57 5 x a week with no cardio? i don't like cardio.... anyone???
bigpeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 02:02 PM  
moonbeam31

good question! I know in the older Lotte Berk Method workouts they say you do not need to do cardio. These are based on that method as Tanya was a Lotte Berk instructor.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 02:03 PM  
Cassy

Check out shammy902 and rosepetals results here.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=160782
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 02:18 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Oh wow, Cassy, thanks for posting the link! I remember I read it but never followed up on it, so I totally missed Rosepetal's post!
Guess I'll be rotating my P57 volumes soon!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 04:21 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
Check out shammy902 and rosepetals results here.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=160782
Yeah, I think rosepetals is the winner on results with this method so far! But I am really pleased with mine as well. Finally I actually look forward to "cardio"

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 07:52 PM  
bigpeeky

thanks! maybe i'll just do p57 and 10,000 steps....
bigpeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 08:17 PM  
rosepetals

This was copied from a blog I keep. I walk in addition to doing P-57. Later in the evening I completed P-57 workout. It was another tough workout that kept me amazed at how challenging it is. I continue to be impressed with the results of the workouts. My waist got even smaller since the last measurement along with my hips.

So far my BUTT HAS DECREASED 3 INCHES THIS MONTH !!! From doing P-57. If you have been reading my blog you will have know this has been my workout routine for this month. So far I have lost 11" yes 11" this month from doing P-57. I am not making this up. Honestly. I have never, ever lost as many inches as from doing the Physique 57 workouts.

1-1-11 Weight 171 1-25-11 BMI is 27.6 Overweight. 35.02% Body Fat. 166 lbs. At end of Jan.

Neck was 13" Now 12.75
Waist 35.5" Now 34"
Muffin Top37" Now 36"
Hips 42" Now 39"
R. Thigh 18.5 Now
L. Thigh 17.37 Now
R. Calf 14 Now 13.5
L. Calf 13 Now 13
R. arm 12.5 Now 11"
l. Arm 12.5 Now 11"
Chest 42 39"

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. ~Kenji Miyazawa

Next month I will continue to do them as I am extremely impressed with the results. My butt feel springy, rubbery instead of mushy. It feels like there is life to it. It looks raised up and perky now. Yea !!!

Update. I am not currently able to continue doing P-57 at the moment. I have multiple sclerosis and am currently in a flare. It is very difficult for me to walk and get around. Today I had a small spill trying to stand up out of the recliner with help from my husband. My leg just buckled without any warning.

I have been walking very slowly most days 3/4 to 2.5 miles still. Its a struggle. As to working out this month I have only done p-57 3-4 days and barre 3 once due to the flare. I struggle to exercise due to the state of weakness and the muscles not receiving proper communication from the nerves. I refuse to give up though. My husband walks with me and I hold on to him for balance and in case my legs buckle. I also workout at home with a cell phone in the exercise room in case I can't get up off the floor since barre workouts have lots of getting up and down up off the floor. Some days I just don't have the strength after working out to get up one last time.

The P-57 on my better days has made a big difference for me. I am able to walk with a faster pace and unaided as my balance is better on our walks. When we walk up hills I feel my muscles engage as the communication between the nerves and muscles works better I believe due to the training the dvds provide to the system.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 08:19 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Rosepetals, I hope you feel better soon!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 08:22 PM  
kariev34

rosepetals: i'm sorry to hear about your flare up with ms. That is such a tough thing to go through. Many hugs and get well wishes to you! I have both volume 1 and 2 and haven't given them enough of a chance to see what my results will be. I do love them though. Prior to this, what were you doing (exercise wise)? Thanks for posting your results. They are very motivating.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 08:24 PM  
rosepetals

The physical therapists I have seen which has been many have not been able to reverse the atrophy in my calf, thigh, and glute due to the MS. P-57 has done that. It has also given me shapely legs. Legs that are firm, decreased cellulite, they are defined in a dainty pretty way. I love to look at them not in a weird way. I can't believe they are mine. That they look so nice and pretty. My backside is uplifted and perky. Heck I can see my hipbones. I am 48 and I am loosing the fat that I didn't think I would get rid of. My saddlebags are getting smaller. Its the way the exercises target the muscles, all the reps. You don't get the same type of movements doing squats. I am not an exercise expert or anything. I just know these movements are different from traditional exercise dvds that I have and I have lots of them, hundreds of them. . . Sigh. Probably too many tucked away in baskets, in book cases, ok I confess. . . .

Anyway, I feel pretty. I haven't felt pretty in years. Honest. I don't feel ashamed of my body anymore. Yes, there is lots more work to be done but I am very happy with what I have acheived. I will continue to do barre workouts and especially P-57.

Now if I can just get this flare to end.

Oh, My arms are showing lots of definition also from p-57. I stopped doing kettlebells because I didn't have enough enegry to do every workout out there. I was only doing a few swings anyway.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no cardio, p57, physique 57