Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-11, 08:54 AM  
horsemom2

Top pick has been and always will be Nia's Unplugged.

Newer suggestion would be Andrea Metcalf's Keeping fit Cardio.

Barb S
who needs music when down to motivate movement
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 09:01 AM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Tae Boe Live Series - I did Vol 5 Advanced this morning, and it had such a fun factor. Great music, Billy is fun and spontaneous, no costumes, people of all shapes, sizes, ages and abilities, even one who is handicapped, all appearing to be doing their best and enjoying it along with Billy.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and enjoyment in moving...
Anne Y
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 10:02 AM  
Michele S

thanks everyone! I feel perkier just reading this thread!

There are zumba classes at the gym... I *want* to try them but have 2 left feet. (Plus, *my* gym is the student center where I am faculty so some classes, like zumba, are filled with teeny/tiny co-ed's..) I may just suck it up and try it!

Does anyone like Wii Zumba?

I'm also thinking that I need to buy 1 or 2 Ellen studio workouts.

I should have mentioned in my OP that I walk outside everyday too... with the dogs and my 5 yr old so I don't *count* it as exercise. LOL! But, I do get sun everyday.

This morning, I did 10 min of Cathe abs (from AbHits) and the ball segment of StretchMax. Then I went to the gym after taking the kids to school and walked on the treadmill for 50min. I feel OK so far today; just a little anxious.

Anywhoo, thanks again... Keep the great suggestions coming!!

xxoo
Old 02-02-11, 10:20 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele S View Post
There are zumba classes at the gym... I *want* to try them but have 2 left feet. (Plus, *my* gym is the student center where I am faculty so some classes, like zumba, are filled with teeny/tiny co-ed's..) I may just suck it up and try it!

Does anyone like Wii Zumba?
Yes, I do!!
And I think it's also a great way for you to test the waters before heading to a live class. Not that it matters (or should matter) how you look in a Zumba class, but if it's mostly teeny-tiny co-eds...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 10:32 AM  
Mary09(b)

I haven't done Zumba but it's not real footwork heavy, is it? A lot of hip action, I thought. You'll be fine. Teeny co-eds will be so consumed with how they themselves are looking and doing, they will not care about you!
Mary09(b) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 03:53 PM  
Michele S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09(b) View Post
I haven't done Zumba but it's not real footwork heavy, is it? A lot of hip action, I thought. You'll be fine. Teeny co-eds will be so consumed with how they themselves are looking and doing, they will not care about you!
let's hope not! LOL!

I think I may try the Wii version 1st!
Old 02-04-11, 04:43 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I've been struggling with my crazy thyroid---up and down. I've been liking Classical Stretch, walking outside, Ellen, and Petra.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 05:55 PM  
skelly50
VF Supporter

Another vote for Ravi and Ana. Does the trick every time. I especially love Yoga Bliss Hips and Dance the Chakras for mood elevation.
skelly50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 06:00 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

No advice here...but maybe sunshine (one of those lights???) and fresh air and dancing...and {{{{{{{{{{{Michele}}}}}}}}}}}}}}. I so hope you feel better soon...physically, mentally and emotionally...and spiritually
Old 02-04-11, 09:13 PM  
Saffie J

I recently purchased a mini-tramp (rebounder) and use it while playing the Tracy Anderson Tel Aviv workouts. It has become my favourite workout, I love it, have so much fun and feel great afterwards. Tracy's music is not normally my thing but I find the music so much fun while rebounding.

You mentioned that you have lymphatic drainage issues - I don't know much about that but wondering if rebouding might help as I have read it is good for the lymphatic system (http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise...and-health.htm) - just a thought.
Saffie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amy weintraub, depression, feel good workouts