Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications

Old 04-16-11, 11:06 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

A second vote for Chris Freytag's 10 lb Slimdown.

Lately I've been doing Tracey Mallet's Quickblasts--3 of her 6 minute workouts at a time--only 18 minutes and they pack a punch. I can add on a Classical Stretch or something!

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 07:34 AM  
Fit Kitty

Wow, Jackie - I love your new avatar photo! Aubrey is beautiful and she's really growing up fast.

Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 04:07 PM  
sjazz78

Joann , you are priceless!!

I'm at work now but had a few minutes to sneak a peak at VF and what a pleasant surprise.
I always find great info here but girlfriend, you out did yourself!
Thanks so much, this is just what me and my daughter needed. I had to slowdown my routine for the past few weeks as well and this is right on time.
Old 08-15-11, 01:49 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Hi again everyone!

Time for another update. I can now go almost 140 days without a repeat if I choose. There were three major additions since the last time I updated this thread:

Firm Express: This is a 16-workout set. I have ordered it but it has not yet arrived. I am anticipating trying a full rotation with it.

Yoga Zone: 2 20-minute workouts per disk. I have 6 of them (so, 12 workouts) but there were others available that I did not get as I had plenty for my yoga needs by that point. You could easily get more workout days out of this if yoga is your thing!

Sharon Mann's The Works: I spent two days painstakingly ripping this 3-disk set onto my computer, and this gave Sharon new life for me! Most of the sections (aside from the warm-up and cool-down ones) were almost exactly ten minutes. I listed this in my planner as a 6-day rotation (strength, floor cardio, step cardio, pilates, yoga and mix) but the actual number of 10-minute sections I got off these disks was 47, so you could go almost 25 days without repeating if you did two a day. However, some categories were very much better represented than others, so I would not recommend such a rotation unless you really like high-impact cardio

I have added the Chris Freytag to my wishlist. Collage didn't have it yet when I looked, so I'll probably toss it into my next Amazon order.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 08:56 PM  
Season

Joanna, I really appreciate all of the time and work you put into the rotations you create and I just had to drop a note to say, THANK YOU!!!!
Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 02:12 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

This thread is great!

Wanted to add Denise Austin's Sculpt & Burn Body Blitz. I'm not generally a Denise lover but this is really pretty good! And it offers 4 10-min routines so there are several combinations and permutations.

Joanna, since you're adding the Firm Express (which btw has 12 20-min workouts and 2 10-min workouts) two more Firm options are their Cardio Weighted Gloves workout (20-mins) and Calorie Explosion (4 10-min routines).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 09:05 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Reviving this thread to include Charlene Prickett's It Figures series. I have disc 1 (10 low-impact cardio routines) but plan on getting discs 2 and 7 soon. With those three I'll have a total of 14 low-impact, 8 step, and 8 strength routines.

I'm going to be relying on short workouts for 2012, and when I don't have time even for KCM's 30 minutes, these are the ones I'll have on hand to reach for (in no particular order):
-FIRM Express series (and other FIRMs)
-Gilad Quick Fit series (plus Express and Bodies in Motion shows)
-Charlene Prickett’s It Figures series
-10 Minute Solution series
-Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown series
-Powerfit series
-Kathy Smith's Rules of Fat Burning (bunch of short segments)
-Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred
-Tracey Mallett’s Quick Blast series
-Denise Austin (I'm not her biggest fan but she has a few good videos)

I think these are plenty to go on for consistency sake.

Last edited by Lucky Star; 12-14-11 at 09:31 AM. Reason: adding on
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 01:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Shape 20 Minute Makeover - Elise Gulan
~ a 20 minute segment
~ 4, 10 minute segments targeting various body parts, but she works the core in all of them

Acacia Weight Loss Pilates - Kristin McGee
~ 2, 20-min workouts that have cardio and core training. this one is intense!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 09:04 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

ITunes has the 10lb slimdown for $2 an episode. They also have a selection of other 20-30 minute workouts from exercise TV. Most are also 1.99.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 09:05 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

ITunes has the 10lb slimdown for $2 an episode. They also have a selection of other 20-30 minute workouts from exercise TV. Most are also 1.99. Oh and a bunch of gilads but those might be cheaper as a set.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 min strength, 20 minute workouts, old thread alert, rotation, rotation ideas, rotations, short cardio workouts, short workouts