Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-10, 06:06 PM  
CarlaVeg

How does V-Core help you slim down?

especially your hips & thighs? I have read some positives reviews about this workout. But it says that it's for knee, back, and feet pain.... how does it help you slim down exactly?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 06:10 PM  
sunday

I love V-Core and have been adding it to my other workouts for about five weeks now.

There are a lot of isometric holds, one-legged squats and lunges which work deeply into the lower body muscles. There are also some standing leg lifts, etc. I have experienced this LB slimming, and I'm just guessing it's from the deep muscle work, similar to the benefits one gets from barre. I will admit I'm doing it for aesthetic reasons and not for my posture.

I find it's perfect to add on to my Pure Barres, Ellens and Ruahs because the routines are short. The first time I did the workout I did it all the way through and could barely walk the next day. I loved it!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 06:18 PM  
SpiritSong

V-Core really heats me up while it works my lower body. I am hoping that heat is burning off calories!
Old 09-10-10, 09:41 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

There is so much hip and ab work in this workout. It's crazy and intense. I don't think it is a workout that gets any easier. I was doing this workout for my back, ankle, old injuries. I love the changes in my core strength. I'm getting back into my pre-Aubrey clothes...yay!
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 11:21 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
There is so much hip and ab work in this workout. It's crazy and intense. I don't think it is a workout that gets any easier. I was doing this workout for my back, ankle, old injuries. I love the changes in my core strength. I'm getting back into my pre-Aubrey clothes...yay!
Congrats on your results!!!! what else beside V-core are you doing? I am also trying to fit into my pre-Mia clothes... I actually fit in a couple of pants but the rest are still kind of tight to wear LOL!

Carla
Old 09-11-10, 10:49 AM  
sunshower

i just got this one in the mail today (sooner than i expected! yay!!). i got it to help with my posture and balance, since they both totally SUCK, but if it's going to slim my thighs too, grrrrreat!!!! (c) Tony the Tiger

i can't wait to get started with it...after my nap. lol
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 11:20 AM  
AnMrsDe

Well, for me, it's DIET that is #1 over any exercise that makes the scale move/inches disappear, LOL!

That said, I've been incorporating more intense cardio such as power walking, more total body barre work, and V-Core as my main lower body supplement. I think it's the way V-Core works the stabilization muscles and switching up from the usual squats and lunges that my other LB workouts include. V-Core does include some lunges but it has a different vibe with the balance work. Also, I find this workout a lot easier on my iffy knees since it doesn't include the pulsing plie work/knee dancing like in most barre workouts.

But chances are, it's the fact that I added more cardio and cleaner eating that are making the most difference for my body type.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 07:35 PM  
CarlaVeg

Mrs. Like you, Diet is #1 for me also...

I am curious about this workout..... I may be ordering this if I can't get it thru a trade!!

Carla
Old 09-11-10, 08:54 PM  
faith458

I've been wondering about this workout, but I'm not sure I can do it. I had surgery to tighten the ligaments on my right ankle a few years ago. I'm not sure the ankle is stable enough for me to do all the balance work I saw in the clip. I'm doing much better doing the one foot balance work in Ellen's dvds. How long do you have to balance on one foot?

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 09:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Faith, pretty much the ENTIRE workout (at least the Basics & Dynamics segments--there is also a separate "Floor Core" segment) is performed on one foot! Emily usually stays on one side for several minutes and then switches over to the other side. Personally, I feel the work in my calves more than my ankles, but if you have a weak ankle, it will probably be challenged. Of course, it is perfectly okay to touch down to get your balance--I think that all of us who have the workout have had to do this multiple times!

(Some people have also suggested modifying the workout by using a chair for balance, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea; in her Classical Stretch workouts, Miranda Esmonde-White notes that you want to stimulate your balance reflex, and if you are holding onto something, you can't do that.)

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emily splichal, proprioception, v-core, v-core modifications, v-core workout, vcore