Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-10, 01:18 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Sophiecat Thank you so much for the youtube link. I just did it and it worked almost immediately expecially the leg extensions. I have been feeling this since doing more barre work but mostly at night. So what is being said is that you can also help by keeping your feet parallel rather than turned out in first position? TIA for any other info!
Phyllis, I'm SO glad these helped you. The leg extensions always help me the most too. The guy says to repeat it it 20 times, but I swear by the 5th or 6th rep the pain is always gone.

For piriformis and sciatica issues all the turned out thigh work can be modified to parallel thigh to keep the piriformis from tightening up more while the inflammation heals. It won't target all the same muscles in the same way, but you'll still be working your thighs. HTH!

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 08:23 PM  
Honeydew

is there any other way to see the you tube video because the link still won't work for me.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 08:28 PM  
faith458

I had piriformis and IT band issues, but it was only when I did fluidity and P57. Core Fusion, the new bar methods, and pure barre don't bother me, but I do add extra stretches when I do pure barre.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, piriformis, sciatica