Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-10, 02:13 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Great review, Kath! I really like this DVD also, and for my purposes (to use as individual 'sparks') I'm glad there are warmups! Although there is no modifier I have no problem lowering the intensity if I feel the need to; the routines themselves are easy to modify.

I'm not one for flirty instructors, and I think Cat is perfectly fine. She is, imo, exceptionally attractive and has a lovely physique -- I find her inspiring to exercise with.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 02:46 AM  
fit1

I'm still gonna get this as I like cardio segments that I can mix-and-match. Moreover, I love 10M Solution Carb Burner! I'm glad that there's a new 10M Solution workout that is a solid intermediate/advanced intermediate all-athletic cardio (and not dancing) for a change. I know I'm gonna enjoy this. Thanks for the review!
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 07:22 AM  
Jane1721

Great review, Kath! I am really glad I picked this one up. It's funny...I didn't particularly care for her in the Powerfit Harmony workouts, but I do like her as a lead instructor. It's easy to modify up if you want more high impact, but still a good workout if you do the moves as Cat does them.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 07:26 AM  
BalleRina

Thanks, Kath! Consider me enabled. I really love Michelle's 10MS Carb Burner so I'm excited to get this one. If it's Michelle's choreography, I'm quite sure I'll love it.

BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 07:43 AM  
Bliss6789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
It's funny...I didn't particularly care for her in the Powerfit Harmony workouts, but I do like her as a lead instructor.
This is how I've always felt about Jen Carman (of the Firm). She could really get on my nerves as a background exerciser, but I loved her as a lead. Weird!

Anyway, thanks for the reviews everyone! I've always liked 10MS's that were more cardio oriented and focused on training the lower body. I'll probably get this!

Old 07-27-10, 07:50 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I remember Cat well, from Barry's Bootcamp workouts. I thought she did a great job as the modifier in these workouts. She is also in the Prevention Kickstart Your Metabolism workout, again as the modifier. This is the only Prevention workout I still do on a regular basis. I never got any "flirty" vibes from her, but who knows I don't have very many 10 Min Solution workouts either, but this one sounds just perfect for me. I am sure I will be picking it up. Thanks for the review Kath!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 08:40 AM  
CarlaVeg

This dvd looks good and something I "need"

here is the clip at collage

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...at-burner-5857

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 12:09 PM  
counterclockwise

Thanks everyone for the responses about Cat's demeanor in this one!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 06:18 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Interesting that Michelle Dozois and Lisa Wheeler did the choreography for this (even though Cat leads/instructs the workout!
Ah ha! Good detective work. I can't say I'm surprised. This doesn't feel like a retread of Michelle's 10MS or Michelle and Lisa's Shape workouts, but the segments are quite similar in style.

I have to agree that as someone who normally doesn't crave impact I found this doable. The jumping is controlled, especially since you tend to do it for one type of move at a time, rather than bouncing all over the place or doing a whole bunch of jumps and hops as you're doing complex choreography.

I'm happy to help enable - and disenable - others on this one. I think a number of folks will find this one useful and nicely challenging, so I thought I'd make sure the word gets out about this.

If anyone tries it and hates it, please don't hesitate to post that, either.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 10:13 AM  
KathAL79

Oh, I forgot to post a major "pro" for me: all moves are done standing. At no time does Cat drop to the floor for a burpee / squat thrust, mountain climbers, push-up, plank hold, or even a stretch. Hurrah!

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute solution, cat chiarelli, intermediate workouts, multiple workouts per day, rapid results, rapid results fat burner, sparks