Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-10, 05:02 AM  
CindyC923

TRX DVDs

Hi,

I decided to get some TRX DVDs. I have the one DVD that the TRX came with and wanted more TRX workouts. I ordered 2 DVDs, Core Strength and All Body Express workouts. I like shorter workouts. The DVDs are kind of expensive but I want to get the most out of my TRX. Do any of you have these two DVDs? I just ordered them on Monday so I don't have them yet.

Cindy
CindyC923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 07:28 AM  
sciencelady

I have both of those DVDs - they're good. As with everything TRX, the level of effort and difficulty is scalable. My TRX came with All Body Express, so I don't know what you got as the "freebie". If you like shorter workouts, the Surf Stroger download may be of interest to you. Most of the other DVDs clock in around an hour. If you sign up for their e-mails, they sometimes send out sales on their DVDs or downloads - that's when I stock up.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 09:59 AM  
CindyC923

TRX workouts

Hi,

My TRX package came with a follow along workout that is included on the
training and how to set up the TRX DVD. It isn't one of the workout DVDs that they sell. It is about 30 minutes long also. I feel that workout for a few days after. I hope they have a sale soon, I eyeing a few more TRX DVDs.
I have never downloaded. I don't own an IPOD so not sure if it would make sense to purchase a download.

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
I have both of those DVDs - they're good. As with everything TRX, the level of effort and difficulty is scalable. My TRX came with All Body Express, so I don't know what you got as the "freebie". If you like shorter workouts, the Surf Stroger download may be of interest to you. Most of the other DVDs clock in around an hour. If you sign up for their e-mails, they sometimes send out sales on their DVDs or downloads - that's when I stock up.
Old 04-08-10, 12:13 PM  
Kimberly33

I like the core workout--I think it's two 15-minute workouts. All Body Express is fine, but I wasn't that excited by it. My favorite is Essentials: Strength. I don't know why, but I find it fun and time just flies. Each set is done twice, so I'm contemplating doing just one of each of them to make it shorter (it's about an hour as is--I'm trying to work on training for a tri and can't really afford 60-min strength workouts right now). I really like Boot Camp:Ropes & Straps, as well. It's a circuit workout--I've only tried it once, and I did swings and body blade instead of jumping rope.

Right now Perform Better is having a sale (%off based on how much you spend). They don't have all of the DVDs, but it might be worth looking over there.

Kimberly

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 10:20 PM  
fitgirl-atx

I've been an avid TRX user for over a year now. I love using it, and my clients also really like their effectiveness and versatility (I'm a personal trainer and fitness coach as well). I think that their DVDs are high quality, chaptered and produced well, and I like the detailed booklet that comes with each one. The DVD quality and professionalism remind me alot of Cathe's products actually in terms of quality, versatility, and comprehensiveness. They don't have pre-mixes, but most DVD has instructions on using/setting up the TRX, a dedicated exercise library, and an incredible booklet that details each exercise and even contains a summary of the workout for you to take along when you want to train anywhere.

Anyway, I own the following TRX DVDs:
1. All Body Express - I think this is a very effective, total body circuit. I do find it very challenging. It does use a variety of exercises, which is excellent, but you will need to familiarize yourself with some of them. I advise spending some time reviewing the exercise library.
2. Train Like the Pros - I love this DVD and Todd Durkin. The 2 Durkin DVDs are my favorites. This workout clocks in at about 50 minutes. It is a bit more upper body and core focused than lower body. However, I do appreciate the core drills performed in this DVD.
3. Team Sports - This workout is more total body balanced than Train Like the Pros, and I love it. The drills are fantastic. It's fast paced and excellent for conditioning. I can say that this is my favorite DVD in my TRX library so far.
4. Ropes & Straps - I thought this DVD was a nice balance between the TRX and jump roping. I enjoyed both instructors. The pairing of TRX and jump rope is excellent and can be a proven Tabata workout if you are ever so inclined to do one on your own. I enjoyed this DVD very much.
5. Ropes & Straps 2 - I rate this workout as the most difficult in my library. I've tried it twice in the past 8 months, and it kicked my butt each time. I just found the exercises to be really difficult, and I've decided that I'm not quite ready for this one yet. It's advanced and a must keep for me :-)
6. TRX Essentials: Strength - I used this as one of my introductory DVDs for technique. I've only used it a few times, and it was early on when I was first starting out with the TRX, but I found the instruction to be very good. I actually liked that they performed 2 rounds of each exercise for a longer workout (about 60 mins), which could easily be scaled back by doing only a single set of each exercise.
7. TRX Essentials: Flexiblity - I absolutely LOVE this DVD. I've been trying to integrate more stretching into my training regimen, and this DVD is perfect. I think that the TRX really helps in getting an effective stretch. I love it and use it often.
8. TRX Cardio Circuit - This one was along the lines of Ropes & Straps 2, and I consider it to be an advanced DVD. I'm not ready for it :-), but I can't wait to build up the endurance and conditioning to handle it.

These are DVDs that I own but haven't tried yet:
1. Basic Training - I haven't tried this one yet, so I can't comment. This DVD replaced the All Body Express circuit that came with the v1 TRX.
2. TRX Force DVD - I've reviewed this program and it looks fantastic. It employs several advanced movements, which I love. I may give the program a shot this summer.
3. I also own several of the downloads, but haven't tried them yet. I'm looking forward to trying the Drew Brees & MMA workouts soon.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please send me an email. No matter what, you have made a wise decision by investing in the TRX. It's a staple in my library, and it's FUN!! My boyfriend has also started using it more, and he really enjoys it also (he's an ex semi-pro football player who really enjoys bodyweight training).

Good luck!
Fitgirl-ATX
fitgirl-atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-10, 04:56 AM  
CindyC923

Fitgirl,

Thanks for the reviews on the TRX DVDs. It is the basic training workout that came with my TRX. I am looking forward to the new DVDs I ordered. I will be adding more to my collection. So glad I purchased the TRX for myself, as a Christmas gift last year. It is nice to not have to use all kinds of equipment and still get a challenging workout.

Cindy
Old 04-09-10, 12:39 PM  
fitgirl-atx

Hi Cindy,
Can you let us know what you think of the core strength DVD once you recieve it and try it out? I'm thinking of adding that one to my collection :-) There is a good amount of core work in the other DVDs as well, so I've been slow in getting this one.

Thanks!
fitgirl-atx
fitgirl-atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 08:32 PM  
TerryMia

As far as the TRX packages go...which one is the best buy? I was looking at the Essentials, but wow, it is pricey...of course it does offer more DVDs.

TIA!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 08:45 PM  
Shadowpup

I'm another TRX fan! I've got most of the workouts, except the downloads.

My favorites for mobility/flexibility are these:
* Back biomechanics (shorter)
* Flexibility (longer)

These two (along with my foam roller and a few moves from Magnificent Mobility) have done more for strengthening my back and increasing my range of motion than any other thing I've tried. And I'd tried quite a few things without much luck. It's a rare week when I don't use these two at least once, usually twice, and when I was starting I used them three times.

I'll also echo the comment on the Durkin dvds. Those are terrific, especially when you want cardio in addition to strength. I use them plus strength and core exercises from the other dvds to make a variable length circuit-style weight workout on the road.

When I want a strength workout, I use the Force dvd, and add on moves from Core.

I use the Ropes a little less than the others - that's mainly because they don't fit quite as well into a hotel room
Shadowpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 01:04 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyC923 View Post
Fitgirl,

Thanks for the reviews on the TRX DVDs. It is the basic training workout that came with my TRX. So glad I purchased the TRX for myself, as a Christmas gift last year. It is nice to not have to use all kinds of equipment and still get a challenging workout.

Cindy
I did the same thing purchase my TRX as a Christmas gift to myself so glad I did.... got it at 20% off, I have started to use it outside now. Fitgirl, and Shadowpup, thanks for the reviews on the TRX DVD's I also like the little booklet that comes with their DVD's great for travel. Wish there was a Kettlebell/TRX dvd. Cindy's right "It is nice to not have to use all kinds of equipment and still get a challenging workout."
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body blade, bodyblade, trx, trx dvds