Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-16-05, 09:24 AM  
benemma

I lost my last 10 lbs with (of course dieting) and YBB Lives spread out through the day. They don't make me sweat, so I can get away with doing more than one in a day. I have always spread my workouts out through the day, with much success. But, unfortunately I haven't been able to get rid of the lower belly pooch problem. I think it will take surgery for me.

It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
-Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
benemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 10:23 AM  
Davida

To totally get rid of it I believe I would have to lose another 4-5 pounds of fat, which would make me way too skinny. Back when my belly was flat, I was too skinny everywhere else. I do not have a muscular body type, even though I usually lift as heavy as I can.

So I am just working on building muscle, very slowly but surely. Maybe someday I'll have more muscle, less fat, and the pooch will be gone.
Davida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 10:44 AM  
princess76

I do a short yoga practice (20 minutes) each weekday morning, followed by an evening workout Monday through Thursday. I usually do longer workouts on Saturday and Sunday. I alternate yoga, cardio, resistance bands, weights, and pilates. This works well for me.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 10:59 AM  
Kyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmatis
I know all about the big D issues and that it has to be in control to see better progress. But what I'm asking is does anybody split their routines up and get results?
As I said before, sure, I've gotten "results" (fat loss) that way. And if that is what you want to do, then go for it. My point is that by manipulating other variables, I've achieved greater fat loss than by working out twice a day.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 07:38 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

I split up my workouts. I did 1/2 hour strength this morning. I'll walk at lunchtime, and I'll probably do a little of something tonite - maybe ride my bike a little while I watch tv.

What has worked for me is focusing on cardio one week, strength the next. On an intense cardio week, I'll have 3 intense workouts (kickboxing, spinning, etc) a week and 2 weight days that include a walk or a Leslie, and one long walk day.

On a strength week, I'll do strength every other day (some are circuit) and walking, gilad or leslie for my cardio opposite days.

I try to incorporate Pilates for abs (even if its 10 minutes) 3-4 times a week. it REALLY helps the lower abs. I have the pooch, too. (but so does my mom and she is skinny as a rail)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiple workouts per day, sparks