Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-22, 07:21 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I agree that Ellen doesn’t give many form cues. I give so many form cues when I teach Essentrics that some times I feel like a broken record, lol.
That's AWESOME!!!!! I would take that any day of the week!!!!!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 09:43 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
I agree that Ellen doesn’t give many form cues. I give so many form cues when I teach Essentrics that some times I feel like a broken record, lol.
Oh gosh, same! I get so tired of myself!!!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 10:51 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
I appreciate the cues because I need the reminders! There's a lot to think about all at once! Also what I THINK I'm doing isn't what I'm ACTUALLY doing half the time apparently, so my mirror is my newest workout buddy.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 09:39 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
I hope you feel better soon! I remember there being twists and flat back down type moves in this one... It wasn't until I started doing Essentrics that I actually got a mirror and looked at myself while doing moves like that. I thought my back was flat but really it was slightly arched and that was causing low back strain. Doing the slight pelvic tuck while bending forward has taken a lot of that pain away in my low back. I haven't done an Ellen workout since restarting, so it's been a long time, but I think I'd approach some moves differently, knowing what I know now... And I'd have a mirror handy. Another thing that in hindsight probably contributed to back pain for me anyway... Doing those back leg raises for the glutes, if I'm not very careful to isolate then my hips move and it goes into my back instead of my butt.
So, I took your advice and got a mirror! I resubscribed to Essentrics and watched the tutorials by Miranda and Sahra. Also watched the excellent workshop by Gail on modifications. Very helpful! Sahra’s explanation on rounding the back by pulling “your monkey tail” was very helpful! Turns out, I was rounding my back but not moving my pelvis. So, I will keep watching tutorials and I think the mirror will be helpful. Thank you, friend!!!!
Old 03-18-22, 10:30 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
So, I took your advice and got a mirror! I resubscribed to Essentrics and watched the tutorials by Miranda and Sahra. Also watched the excellent workshop by Gail on modifications. Very helpful! Sahra’s explanation on rounding the back by pulling “your monkey tail” was very helpful! Turns out, I was rounding my back but not moving my pelvis. So, I will keep watching tutorials and I think the mirror will be helpful. Thank you, friend!!!!
I am glad you went back to revisit Essentrics and gave it another try.
Old 03-18-22, 10:33 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I am glad you went back to revisit Essentrics and gave it another try.
Thank you!! I appreciate that!!!
Old 03-18-22, 10:59 AM  
michl43

Where can I find the Four elements flow?
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 11:06 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Ok, I decided to give Ellen another try and did her Four Elements Flow workout. It is THE best Ellen workout I have ever done!!!! It was a beautiful flow and surprising sneaky! It seemed so easy and laid back but I ended up covered in sweat. I love that there was a modifier who really modified every move so I ended up protecting my back! Really cool workout and my new favorite!!! What is your favorite Ellen Barrett streaming workout (from her new stuff)? I also love Moving Meditation!
Thank you for sharing this! Based on your review, I decided to try Ellen's streaming. I'm loving all of the workouts that I've done. The light weight workouts which, because of the unique moves, have helped my shoulder immensely.
Old 03-18-22, 11:08 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Thank you for sharing this! Based on your review, I decided to try Ellen's streaming. I'm loving all of the workouts that I've done. The light weight workouts which, because of the unique moves, have helped my shoulder immensely.
Yay!!! I’m so happy for you!!

Tags
ellen barrett, ellen barrett streaming, four elements flow, standing yoga