Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-22, 01:01 PM  
bfit

Pilates for Dummies?

Does anyone remember Pilates for Dummies with Michele Dozois? It is included in the sale of used DVDs on Mary's Total Fitness DVDs site. I had this one ages ago and got rid of it because it seemed very slow, but now that I'm older with some limitations I might like it better. Is anyone familiar with it?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 03:20 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Very familiar. It's one of my favorites - the "desert island" dvd that I won't part with.

I love that each exercise is chaptered and if I'm already familiar with the move, I can start doing it while Michele sets it up, then I can skip to the next exercise when I'm done (or do more reps ). This actually saves a few minutes because, admittedly, I get a little bored/restless. Pilates has been good for me so I try to plug along.

Although I haven't watched the intro in ages, I do remember the instruction to be excellent. As a matter of fact, I think this was my first Pilates workout. I have others, but I keep going back to this one.

I've been doing lots of Classical Stretch/Essentrics in the past couple of years. I tend to like that a little better for the leg work, but still like the Pilates ab/mat work. If I do the side kick series, I sometimes modify it to be more "Essentrics-style".
Old 01-17-22, 05:26 PM  
Venus

I couldn't find this on Total Fitness DVDs; I guess it sold. I did find it on YouTube and bookmarked it to try.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates for dummies