Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-21, 07:09 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I didn’t know one could purchase Cathe Live downloads either. Awesome!!!
Old 07-05-21, 12:15 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Yes, I have bought individual Cathe live downloads and am not a subscriber.
That's good to know. How does that work?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 01:23 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Here is the Cathe download page. You may need to log in to order D/L's - not sure?

https://www.cathedownloads.com/

Presently, they're 20% off w/ Coupon code: SAVE 20 when you spend $20 or more.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 02:05 PM  
IceQueen07

Are the downloads worth the price or better to just subscribe?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 02:54 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

You can burn your downloads to a DVD. I just played them on my laptop hooked to my tv via HDMI cable.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 02:58 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
In addition to what AnMrsDe posted, here's the specific cathe live download page:

https://www.cathedownloads.com/categ...ts/cathe-live/

It looks like the lives are listed in descending chronological order and all have previews and descriptions.

Now, if you're looking for "bootcamp" or "metabolic workout" or "strength or toning" or "HIIT workout" or "step" or something in particular, you can click on the keywords/tags below the workouts. If there are no workouts listed on the first few pages with your search terms you can also navigate/narrow things down with the search box.

For example, you can search for "step". Then you can click on the keyword/tag "step" below any of the routines that have "step" as a keyword/tag. In this case, some of the search results may have "step" in the title but they're not primarily a step workout so there's no tag for step below that workout. But you can find one of the workouts that does have "step" as a tag below and click on it to pull up the primarily step workouts.

Once you start using the search box and tags though, it appears it starts pulling in all the Cathe downloads into the search results--the ones for Cathe live downloads and the downloads for workouts that are also on DVD.

At any time you can click on the cathe live workout title to get to the description and clip. It will also list the equipment needed, length, etc.

For example, the description of "342 Metabolic Core":

This "no repeat" workout will focus on firing up the entire core region with a series of metabolic core exercises that alternate between standing and floor based core work.

Various Weighted Dumbbells (3-15 lbs.); Fitness Mat

46 Minutes

Another example, the description of "279 Express Your Step":

Get ready to indulge in some fun intermediate to advanced step choreography followed by the ab stacker workout. The choreography will be "express-ish" in length as well as a remix of elements in Step Sync and IMAX 4. This is not an entirely low impact workout but can easily be modified to all low impact if desired.

Full-Sized Step; 4 Risers; Fitness Mat

Also, there is always a disclaimer that the workout file size will be 1-3gb. The cathe lives I purchased range from 1.08gb-1.51gb.

They are high quality downloads. The frame width/height is 1280x720. I'm embarrassed to admit this but I have yet to try any of the downloads as I prefer dvd format and am debating whether I want use an old version of freemake I have to burn them to dvd or use an HDMI cable and hook up my laptop to my tv or make sure to put the downloads on an external drive that connects to my tv in the workout room or "cast" from my laptop to tv somehow.

BTW, once you purchase I believe they email you a link and the link takes you to a download that initiates. We have decent internet speeds so I had no issues downloading.
adawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 03:08 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Forgot to mention:

If you're planning on buying 5 or more cathe live downloads, the best time to buy is around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Usually around then they have a deal for 40% if you spend at least $40 or more on cathe live downloads. So that's almost half price. That's when I've bought my cathe live downloads if I recall correctly.
adawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 04:32 PM  
katmom

Has anyone followed the Fit Tower rotation posted on Cathe’s site under workout series guides?

https://cathe.com/cathes-workout-series-users-guides/
Old 07-06-21, 07:28 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Forgot to mention:

If you're planning on buying 5 or more cathe live downloads, the best time to buy is around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Usually around then they have a deal for 40% if you spend at least $40 or more on cathe live downloads. So that's almost half price. That's when I've bought my cathe live downloads if I recall correctly.
This!! I always buy several then and try to figure out which ones I want before then. 2lazy4gym actually has a separate site on her blog for Cathe Live and has reviewed a ton of them; very helpful to go through there and narrow down what you want. For the 40% off, that is $6, which I think is a very good deal. The negatives: not as polished and no premixes. However, to mix up your workouts - and particularly to round out your Fit Tower workouts, it's pretty sweet. It is easy to get these on my iPad, etc.

Tags
cathe fit tower, cathe live, fit tower, fit tower advanced, fit tower workouts, turbo barre, turbo tower