Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-23-21, 11:59 AM  
hypnomoon

Loungewear has taken a firm place in my wardrobe. Thank goodness it has been normalized to wear it in public. At least in Colorado it has been for some time. And, the same with wearing active wear. But, dang, it's so damn comfortable!!! Why shouldn't we be comfortable?
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 12:38 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
... I love wearing comfy pants but I just don't feel like I've really started the day until I have on "real" clothes. ....

I'm the same way. Part of it, I think, is that I enjoy changing clothes into something super cozy. If my regular clothes are my lounge wear I don't get to have that moment of ease in quite the same way. Like putting on slippers at the end of a cold rainy day.
Old 03-23-21, 12:42 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I LOL'd at "Follow Your Dreams" in the video.

I've been feeling like a weirdo during the pandemic because I have sensory processing issues that limit the clothes I feel comfortable in. I find synthetic fabrics really difficult to wear. Clingy, tight clothes drive me up the wall, but so do very baggy clothes that drag and hang. So while I don't doubt it's true, I can't understand how people are comfortable wearing athleisure or pajamas all day. I keep seeing people joking around about banning anything but "soft pants" after the pandemic, and look down at my well-fitted woven cotton dress pants and think "please don't!"

ETA - I do wear synthetics and fitted clothes for athletic activities, but I have to take them off as soon as I'm done or they start grossing me out.
I understand your discomfort with synthetic clothing. I'm all for natural fibers as they feel better against my skin. I do have some synthetic activewear (like sports bras and tanks), but I do search out athletic pants/shorts that are mostly cotton. Wearing activewear all day would not make me happy!
Old 03-23-21, 04:00 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I'm the same way. Part of it, I think, is that I enjoy changing clothes into something super cozy. If my regular clothes are my lounge wear I don't get to have that moment of ease in quite the same way. Like putting on slippers at the end of a cold rainy day.
I totally get that! When I was working if I wore smthg very fitted to work I looked forward to changing into loose comfy clothes. But oddly if I wore smthg loose and flowy I couldn't wait to change into jeans!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active wear, commercial, coronavirus, covid-19, humor