Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-21, 02:50 PM  
donnamp

Yes!! We are constantly being told to move more eat less and I think that is not always the best advice - particularly as we grow wiser (older).

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 02:59 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I'm awake on/off 3-5 am every night now. Just wide awake. I fall asleep as soon as I get in bed and then boom just wide awake. So frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Yes, Lori - onward! I hope it works.....

I have the same issues w/ sleep - can fall asleep, can't stay asleep - I do better here and there w/ it. But I am up pretty often during the night.

Donna
Lori, I'm sorry about your knee! I'm right there with both of you on the sleep. Fall asleep immediately, then I wake every hour or two and doze back off but then I'm up for the day around 4am. I'm miserably tired all the time.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 03:21 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Lori, I'm sorry about your knee! I'm right there with both of you on the sleep. Fall asleep immediately, then I wake every hour or two and doze back off but then I'm up for the day around 4am. I'm miserably tired all the time.

Erica
I know, right? It's like clockwork too, including daylight savings time last night. Up until a few months ago, I could sleep through the night. But now I fear that's gone too.

I hurt my knee about a month ago simply from doing a jumping jack in a KCM workout. Yep, simply from that. So I stayed off it and just walked for a couple weeks. And it didn't hurt anymore. Then I decided to do a weight workout, and simply by placing the weight down on the floor I somehow hurt it again. It got better over the weekend so I just did the Pahla Day 1 (which is really really light) and now it's sore again. I guess I need to take more time off.

I guess my mindset is really poor since quite literally nothing that I've done over the past few years has actually worked out. The more and harder I try anything (including in my real life, not just working out/eating/etc), the more things just go in the reverse direction. I do blame perimenopause for many things though, since I just want my pre-perimenopause life back and I guess I need to get rid of that notion. It's a terribly frustrating time in my life that I never saw coming. And I'm about three years into this, with absolutely no end in sight. Sigh.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 04:19 PM  
donnamp

It is very upsetting when you feel like everything is out of your control.

Fortunately, on the peri-meno stuff I'm pretty ok - can't complain, but there is always something to overcome in life...physically for me, it is aches and pains in my lower back and hips. I am off and on quite frustrated by it b/c I feel like I exercised my whole life, kept my weight down, etc. and some days I move like someone who was sedentary her whole life. But I just try to do the best I can each day and not let it get me down - sometimes that is easier said than done when I really want to do something and either don't b/c I know I'll pay for it or do AND then I pay for it.

I guess the lessons to be learned here are - that the only thing that you have control over is your reaction to things....and that you just have to do the best you can every day and not compare yourself to others or to your former self!

I am cautiously optimistic that it has been almost a week since my back/hip pain was bad...but sometimes it is like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think walking is one of the best exercises for me - over the weekend I walked almost 8 miles one day and almost 6 the next day - no back pain, sit at this desk all day - back pain. I have tried different chairs/cushions/set ups etc.

Sorry - went off topic - but I guess all we can do is what we can and try to keep positive.

Once I get my darn COVID vaccine, I'm going to look into seeing a PT for my back/hip pain - I am sure most of it is from sitting - I guess even regular exercisers are sedentary if they have desk jobs.

Donna
Old 03-15-21, 07:23 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Sorry, Donna, about your hip pain, I get it a lot too, mostly at night. I sometimes can't lay on my side because of it. But then sometimes it just goes away and it doesn't return for a week or so. I think mine is hormonal, just like everything else I'm experiencing.

As a classic control freak/overachiever/overdoer, this perimenopause stage of life has just hit me on so many levels that I'm having a hard time being out of control in nearly everything. Mindset is likely what I need the most to work on.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 07:45 PM  
donnamp

Lori - i have often thought that some of my back/hip pain is also hormonal. I'm still trying to figure it out - but it certainly would make sense....

I agree, though, it is hard to be out of control.

Mindset work...one day at a time!

Here's to our "good" days!!!

Donna

Tags
diabetes, pahla bowers, rotation, rotations, success stories, successful weight loss, system, systems, weight loss