Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-25-19, 10:19 AM  
kat999

To pull this a little bit back to the content of this set, I've completed the entire set of meditations and started the affirmation CD today, and it's delightful. Positive, full of good intention and energy. The affirmation CD could also be used for meditating, too, although she recommends you use it whenever you want: in the car, while working out, etc. I find it a little bit emotional, in fact, so I think using it for meditation will work well for me. As a high blood pressure patient, meditation is a vital piece of my toolkit for keeping my BP in check, and I swear on days I've done these particular meditations, I get great BP readings afterward.
Old 06-25-19, 10:34 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
To pull this a little bit back to the content of this set, I've completed the entire set of meditations and started the affirmation CD today, and it's delightful. Positive, full of good intention and energy. The affirmation CD could also be used for meditating, too, although she recommends you use it whenever you want: in the car, while working out, etc. I find it a little bit emotional, in fact, so I think using it for meditation will work well for me. As a high blood pressure patient, meditation is a vital piece of my toolkit for keeping my BP in check, and I swear on days I've done these particular meditations, I get great BP readings afterward.
that is some great meditation recommendations. I wish we could hear it, are there any clips of the mediation part?

Thanks for reporting that meditation is working for you and you can testify to it. Amen.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 11:39 AM  
kat999

I'm not sure if there are clips specifically of the audio CDs, but I do think if you're not bothered by Ellen's voice and like the idea of the workout DVD, the set as a whole is definitely worth it.
Old 07-10-19, 12:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just got this during the 4th of July sale at CollageVideo at 25 percent off. Had a chance to try the workout today and it was wonderful. A lot of breath work and the pace was very relaxing and slower than some of her previously released workouts. Nothing too strenuous or challenging, but very healing and meditative. I hope she puts out more workouts like this (but using weights!) Very nice!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 03:11 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks for the feedback Pam61. Sounds so nice! Let us know if you try the meditations and how you like them.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 09:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Kat, Collage shows 30 min each for the CDs. how long are the individual segments? thanks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 07:49 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Kat, Collage shows 30 min each for the CDs. how long are the individual segments? thanks.
Hi Jeannine!
Not Kat, but the segments on the meditation CD range from 1:28 to 8:34 and the affirmation CD from 1:36 to 2:59. There are 7 segments on each (FYI - I've not listened to any).
Kathy
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 01:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
Hi Jeannine!
Not Kat, but the segments on the meditation CD range from 1:28 to 8:34 and the affirmation CD from 1:36 to 2:59. There are 7 segments on each (FYI - I've not listened to any).
Kathy
Aloha Kathy - thanks! that helps.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 01:09 PM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Aloha Kathy - thanks! that helps.
Anytime. I hope you're staying safe and healthy in Hawaii!!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7 day workout challenge, ellen barrett, ellen barrett meditation