Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-19, 09:21 PM  
Taiga

Snagged a few virtual actives to keep me pedaling through the winter.......
Old 11-27-19, 08:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
And my order will be here on Monday
I'm in Illinois and within a stone throw from Mary, so my order will be here on Friday.
Old 11-27-19, 09:37 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Everyone seems to be starting their Black Friday sales sooner this year, so Mary probably decided to jump on it too. I'm glad she did! Thanks again for posting about it.
Which makes me wonder, why is it called Black Friday anymore? I am glad that there are still stores that are closed for Thanksgiving. We seem to ignore this holiday and go from Halloween to Christmas. Kinda sad.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-19, 10:49 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
We seem to ignore this holiday and go from Halloween to Christmas. Kinda sad.
You're absolutely right. Christimas commercials have been airing on TV since right around the Halloween, and they're already playing Christmas music on local radio stations too. NONSTOP! A week ago I was at Walmart and they had someone dressed up as Santa walking around the store with his HO HO HO - a week before Thanksgiving! This actually made me mad! By the time Christmas comes I wan't nothing to do with it anymore. How sad is that?

Sorry for the rant. It's a personal pet peeve of mine.
Old 11-27-19, 12:05 PM  
sherry7899

I bought Core de Force from Beachbody's Black Friday sale last year, and have not tried one workout from it yet! I doubt I will like it anywhere near as much as Body Combat. I have no business looking at any sales from anywhere I bought one other set from Beachbody's sale last year that I did not end up enjoying. I gifted it to my gift exchange recipient, so I hope she likes it more than I did. The package is in transit to her, so I'm not mentioning which set it is. I have debated the extra Hip Hop Abs and Rockin Body workouts, but I don't use the original sets enough to really justify buying those.

I can't stand the early advertising for Christmas, and don't get me started on the ridiculous hours stores have starting on Thanksgiving. I feel terrible for people who have to work retail on holidays. They should be able to enjoy a holiday meal with friends and family. Rant over! (our son is working starting at 5pm Thanksgiving and working on Black Friday, but at least he doesn't have to be in at an insane hour on Black Friday. His poor girlfriend has to go in at 4am!)

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-19, 12:08 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Snagged a few virtual actives to keep me pedaling through the winter.......
The prices are great on those! Of course I already own all the ones I wanted that I bought at full price years ago....

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-19, 05:03 PM  
MoFirmer

I'm going to give a HUGE shout out to Mary!!!! She is awesome! I tried to order through her TeamBeachBody site and it kept telling me that my account was deactivated on Beachbody. But I have never ordered from them before! LOL! So I called her and talked to her and she ordered everything for me.

She is the best!!!! I love doing business with people who are so helpful!
Old 11-28-19, 08:09 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I'm in Illinois and within a stone throw from Mary, so my order will be here on Friday.
I didn't move to Illinois but now mine says it will be here Friday?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-19, 10:58 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Which makes me wonder, why is it called Black Friday anymore? I am glad that there are still stores that are closed for Thanksgiving. We seem to ignore this holiday and go from Halloween to Christmas. Kinda sad.
The reason it was called Black Friday in the first place is because it was the day some of the big retailers finally made enough profit to be "in the black" -- I imagine that part may still hold true, but who knows. That is, they went all year long not making a profit, but with a big sale after Thanksgiving it finally tipped the scales.
Old 11-28-19, 11:10 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
The reason it was called Black Friday in the first place is because it was the day some of the big retailers finally made enough profit to be "in the black" -- I imagine that part may still hold true, but who knows. That is, they went all year long not making a profit, but with a big sale after Thanksgiving it finally tipped the scales.
Exactly.
In my childhood, it was "the day after Thanksgiving sale". I am not sure when they started naming it Black Friday and almost made it a holiday itself....maybe 25 years ago or so? It still wasn't called anything when I was in college.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black friday