Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-19, 01:53 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
How about 40 things you love about your life, 40 ways your fitness level enables you to do what you love or enjoy the people you love?

Since I have struggled with injuries in my 40s, I no longer set fitness goals, per se. I find them too discouraging. As I'm getting older, I have had to accept that I am probably not going to be setting any personal best records, and that's ok. I was very fit in my 20s and 30s, so any idea of "I'll be in the best shape of my life in my 50s' is not realistic. I'm grateful for that because I've been pretty fit all my adult life! So I now try to focus on mobility, exercising for enjoyment, appreciating the benefits that exercise brings to my life, instead of exercise for the sake of exercise... if that makes sense!

A very happy birthday to you, Alison! You've always been a delightful presence on this board!
That’s a great idea, a little gratitude goes a long way!

And I agree....Alison you are definitely a positive and delightful presence here at VF!

I have also learned my limitations and, more importantly, increased my general body awareness. The only fitness goals I set are to keep moving, do what I enjoy and what leaves me feeling good, and include some cross training. At 61, soon to be 62, I want to age gracefully, be mobile, strong, flexible, and keep running around the playground with my granddaughters.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals