Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-18, 06:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Hmm..about a month? I completely rested for a couple of weeks then switched to Pilates and did gentle foam rolling and stretching.
Thanks, Cheri. I knew pilates would be part of your answer! I am foam rolling and stretching, but very cautiously given the warnings here. I am supposed to do some community service weeding on Friday, but I have a feeling the first day that I did of that project is what contributed by my current state of pain, so I'm not really sure if I should be doing it. I can't believe how much this has gotten to me!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 08:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

When I was doing a lot of Barre3 (5 or 6 days a week) I developed an incredible soreness in the area where the upper hamstring joins the butt, on both sides - and the only thing that seemed to help was to stop doing Barre3. Stretching did not help at all.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 04:10 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I am supposed to do some community service weeding on Friday, but I have a feeling the first day that I did of that project is what contributed by my current state of pain, so I'm not really sure if I should be doing it. I can't believe how much this has gotten to me!
Sometimes, you need to put yourself first. Best wishes in recovering from this injury!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 10:28 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Thanks, Cheri. I knew pilates would be part of your answer! I am foam rolling and stretching, but very cautiously given the warnings here. I am supposed to do some community service weeding on Friday, but I have a feeling the first day that I did of that project is what contributed by my current state of pain, so I'm not really sure if I should be doing it. I can't believe how much this has gotten to me!
That's why I said I rested COMPLETELY for a few weeks during my flare before doing anything. I also did not do foam rolling DIRECTLY on that site but around it. And held myself up off the area and kept it light.

I can do barre now but only a few times a week. I don't think you have to be a total pilates fiend like I am, haha, but cross-training, etc. will help. I do walk my dog and try to stay active and not sit as much these days.

I'm not sure weeding is a great idea when you're in the middle of a flare.
Old 05-17-18, 02:50 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks, Cheri!! Yes, I have decided weeding right now is no good. It's somewhat embarrassing that I have to cancel given the woman I was going to be weeding with is well into her 70s and she weeded last week with a dislocated toe, but it is what it is. I do not know if this is related, but I wouldn't be surprised..... early this morning in bed I straightened my legs and on that side I got a horrible cramp in my calf. You know those cannot-move-debilatating cramps. Ug! Then I had pain shooting down into my foot. What a wimp I am, eh?!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-18, 10:42 PM  
shoegoddess

Possible bursitis

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 06:44 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
When I was doing a lot of Barre3 (5 or 6 days a week) I developed an incredible soreness in the area where the upper hamstring joins the butt, on both sides - and the only thing that seemed to help was to stop doing Barre3. Stretching did not help at all.

Carol
Carol, this is where it all started with me last year. I first developed the terrible soreness in my upper hamstring area (while doing barre3). I now have hip pain, and pain in my left back area just above my hip. I just found out that I have mild arthritis in my spine, and moderate arthritis in my left hip, along with a strained hip muscle.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 06:48 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
That's why I said I rested COMPLETELY for a few weeks during my flare before doing anything. I also did not do foam rolling DIRECTLY on that site but around it. And held myself up off the area and kept it light.

I can do barre now but only a few times a week. I don't think you have to be a total pilates fiend like I am, haha, but cross-training, etc. will help. I do walk my dog and try to stay active and not sit as much these days.

I'm not sure weeding is a great idea when you're in the middle of a flare.
Cheri,
Pilates and walking is just about all I am doing right now
Sherry
Old 05-19-18, 07:05 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
Carol, this is where it all started with me last year. I first developed the terrible soreness in my upper hamstring area (while doing barre3). I now have hip pain, and pain in my left back area just above my hip. I just found out that I have mild arthritis in my spine, and moderate arthritis in my left hip, along with a strained hip muscle.
Sherry
I guess we can call it Barre3iritis. It will get better, but it took mine a long time to go away. I have dropped Barre3 like a hot potato and am doing KCM, Jessica or Cathe and those workouts seem not to cause so many problems.

Sorry about the arthritis - I have some too in various body parts - right now primarily in my hands - and it's so frustrating because nothing - other than shots in my hands - seems to help.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 09:36 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Carol,
Sorry about your hands. Arthritis is no fun
Sherry

Tags
piriformis