Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-03-18, 11:37 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I'm going into the last week of this program I can honestly say my bod is so jacked up like never in my LIFE! I think its the sliders,I need more self care, like Autumn continuously stresses. On a positive note I went and stressed about putting on a pair of swim shorts from 2 years ago that i thought would be a crime a scene only to be astonished that they were so loose that i dared not go into the pool because they would fall off.
How awesome that you have almost completed the program! I am not a fan of Autumn and lasted about five minutes on 21 Day Fix. Kudos, Marika!!!

Quote:
Clearly its working but my question is.... Why cant I see my improvements and be proud? Why do I see large quads and a big gut? Why cant I appreciate what I do daily that 90% of the population cant not even come close? Need more self love and a massage
It's the daily media bombardment of fake or enhanced perfection. It wears us all down.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-18, 01:38 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychica4 View Post
The phases do continue to get more challenging. Phase 1 is sort of your "Build" phase, phase 2 is more of a "bulk" and Phase 3 is more of a "shred". The last week of the program is called Peak Weak and I'm not sure what to expect that week just yet. Like with any workout series the workouts are only as hard as you make them. If you are following the process correctly you should be lifting some pretty heavy weights--especially in Phase 2. Some of the workouts in Phase 3 include plyo moves so your weights will be lighter than what you used in Phase 2. This makes sense though considering this phase is more of a shred. The workouts are still challenging though so lighter weights in this phase don't necessarily equal an easier workout.

I am not new to exercising or advanced workouts, but I can honestly say that I have been very pleased by my results from this program. I am not following the nutrition plan that goes along with the system since I already eat fairly clean.

While I understand the concerns over boredom or repetition, I have surprisingly not felt bored at all during this program (and I normally get workout ADD pretty fast). I think there is much less repetition in this program than say a full rotation of Body Beast where you only have a total of ~12 different workouts in the entire set. In 80 Day every workout in a phase has its own set of exercises. I don't remind repeating those exercise from week to week because the rep counts and number of sets change each week. You are also supposed to be increasing your weights from week to week. I've seen such an improvements in my strength from this program because of this! The only other exercise program that I have come across that has been this comprehensive has been STS (which is another favorite of mine).

I'm not a Beachbody coach and in the past have been pretty critical of some of their programs. Up until this program Body Beast was by far my favorite of their offerings. My reco for anyone considering this program is to give it a shot for a few weeks. I admittedly almost quit after the first week or two and was initially disappointed. Now 60 plus days into the program, I am so glad I stuck it out. I can definitely see myself repeating this program in the future.
Your description of the program sounds similar to Chalean Extreme. I'm in the last 2 weeks of my CLX rotation and I'm loving it. I'm definitely seeing changes in my strength and my body. Have you done CLX? And if so, would you recommend 80 DO as being similar? Is it more difficult than CLX? This is my first time at ever sticking to a rotation and I am really enjoying it! I'm intrigued by 80 DO with the 3 phases and focusing on the booty with resistance bands. I don't have BBOD, but might have to get it to do this rotation!
Old 04-03-18, 10:07 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Wendy, I was actually thinking it sounded like the BeachBody version of Edge Booty Extreme 2, but EBE2 is shorter Phase 1: Build (three weeks), Phase 2: Sculpt (3 weeks) & Phase 3: Burn (Peak week, and it is one week of high intensity cardio and an additional fasted cardio in the a.m.), both trainer are bikini competitors. But, now that you mentioned CLX, I agree, it has the same phases.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 04:44 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
I'm going into the last week of this program I can honestly say my bod is so jacked up like never in my LIFE! I think its the sliders,I need more self care, like Autumn continuously stresses. On a positive note I went and stressed about putting on a pair of swim shorts from 2 years ago that i thought would be a crime a scene only to be astonished that they were so loose that i dared not go into the pool because they would fall off Clearly its working but my question is.... Why cant I see my improvements and be proud? Why do I see large quads and a big gut? Why cant I appreciate what I do daily that 90% of the population cant not even come close? Need more self love and a massage
Inspiring and enabling! I think I'm ready to try this series.

Don't get down on yourself. Just think of how many people can't even do these types of workouts. You're an Amazon just for getting through it.
I think you're awesome (I've read a lot of your posts)!

AWESOME on the swim shorts!!!!!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 06:45 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Marika, I agree with KateTT and I think you should be proud of yourself! I'd love to know what "jacked up" means though, I did a google search, and I'm still totally lost!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 09:16 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I just took a peak the materials section. It looks like all the exercises are the same each week for all the 80 days except for the order of the workout (total body first or Booty first, etc) OR 2 round of 15 or 3 rounds of 10? Can somebody correct me? I'm not looking forward to repeating stuff...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-18, 08:39 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I just took a peak the materials section. It looks like all the exercises are the same each week for all the 80 days except for the order of the workout (total body first or Booty first, etc) OR 2 round of 15 or 3 rounds of 10? Can somebody correct me? I'm not looking forward to repeating stuff...
There are four different sets of tracker sheets for each phase, days 1-25, days 27-49, days 51-74, and Peak Week which is days 76-80.

From reviewing those sheets and previewing a couple of the workouts in phase 2 and 3, the exercises do change (in each phase) but they stay the same during each phase. Hope that makes sense. For example for phase 1 the exercises are the same but the rep/rounds change each week. I did notice that some of the exercises are similar in phase 2 but might use the slider or some other modification so they are different in that sense.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
80 day obsession, autumn calabrese, bbod 80 day obsession, beachbody on demand