Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-15, 04:06 PM  
Missiscipi

1. What are your goals?
To be pain free and heal from a recent pedestrian car injury to my lower back and knee

2. What is your body type?
Size 6 - probably could stand to lose about 10-15lbs

3. What have you been focusing on?
Classical Stretch workouts

4. What are you planning for the Fall?
The same - Classical Stretch and walking

5. If you had a free gift DVD or 2 - what would they be? or 1 System?
Hamelin Armatics and Hamelin Thighmatics II

!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 04:31 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbeez View Post
JackieB...you are an enabler.

I just ordered Tangoflex from Mary.

LOLOLLOL with spittle coming out ....

ETA: Wait a minute, is there a sizeable dynamically hip opening but very much cardio at the same time, section on this Tangoflex?

Not evident at all from this promotion video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=35&v=Lvke-8c-kxo

Please supply a report back if you like this one once you get it.

I was not laughing at this instructor, Victoria Sarquisse. Just at the enabler part. Victoria obviously teaches what she wants to teach! I do know that.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 07:12 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbeez View Post
JackieB...you are an enabler.

I just ordered Tangoflex from Mary.

I'm laughing! It's out of my usual genre, too....I usually plug for Classical Stretch/Essentrics.

Let us know how you like it.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 08:21 PM  
angie_nrs

Goals: To lose weight and tighten core

Body Type: Pear

Workouts: Insanity Max 30 - I'm 3 weeks in (and not overly fond of cardio) but I've dropped 1% bodyfat and lost almost 4 pounds, which is great for me b/c I'm not very good at my diet. However, I'm trying to limit sugar and increase protein and clean foods. I'm also trying to put the brakes on evening snacks.

Fall plans: Perhaps blend P90X3 and some other cardio HiiT. I'm really liking the shorter workouts but I do miss heavy weights.

Free gift? None (at least that I know of today) - I still have several workouts I have not opened yet. I just need the time to try them out! It took me over a month to finally get to Insanity Max 30. What can I say? I'm a true vidiot.
angie_nrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 11:23 PM  
Bubbeez

Yeah...it wasn't on my radar until you mentioned it Jackie! I've really been into stretching lately and it looked different from what I have. Will keep you guys posted!
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-15, 08:55 AM  
Aunt Famous

1. What are your goals?

To stay healthy, avoid injury, eat well, sleep enough -- all to the end of looking and feeling like the best version of myself.

Hourglass.

My waist. Not in a 10,000 oblique crunches sort of way, but in the sense that if I have a defined waist, everything is working -- the training, the nutrition, the stress relief.

I have also added in some flexibility work -- two sessions of yin yoga each week, usually with my DH. One day, I bent down to pick up something and the floor seemed so very far away. This signaled that it was time to work specifically on flexibility.

Mostly, I dance, walk, do Pilates, and throw in some high rep/low weight, TRX, and kettlebells for good measure. I teach a couple of spin classes a week, which seem less like exercising, more like DJ'ing -- I have some great people in my group.

More of the same. And to unpack my legwarmers.

I have too many. But a Zumba set, if I didn't.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-15, 10:41 AM  
laurajhawk

1. What are your goals?
To feel good, have fun, and lose 10 pounds (or just look like I've lost 10 lbs).

Hourglass, need to lose fat from my belly & thighs. I have a bit of the perimenopausal "pooch" thing goin' on.

I'm using Beachbody rotations to "make" myself work harder than I normally do on my own, and I'm alternating low weight/high rep with higher weight/lower rep for periodization and to stave off boredom. To that end, I've just finished the first 3 weeks of Les Mills Pump, and am beginning 3 weeks of Body Beast. I plan to then do weeks 4-6 of Pump, then 4-6 of Beast, and so on.

I also always do yoga - 2-4 live classes a week (mostly vinyasa), short practices when I can fit them in, and longer practices - usually kundalini - on rest days of my rotations.

A Hawaiian vacation (with bikini)! And the Yoga Journal Live! conference. Other than that, I'll keep doing these rotations if they're working for me - alternating Pump and Beast gives me essentially a 6-month rotation.

I have my eye on Hammer & Chisel, the Sagi/Autumn system that's coming in December.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-15, 10:49 AM  
violetblonde

1. What are your goals?
To continue to feel vibrant, healthy, and lean. I'm not super concerned about weight loss right now but my tummy has always been my problem area.

Hourglass... leggy mesomorph

Hamelin, CS, and daily KY. Quit TA streaming about a month and a half ago. Trying to work up to daily 30 minute meditations.

Hopefully a retreat with my Kundalini teacher in September, maybe enrolling in some live dance classes.

More more more HDM! Want to purchase one of the Courses.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-15, 11:31 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

1. What are your goals?

Build lean body mass, build bone, bulk up! Stay active into my later years. Maintain flexibility and balance. I need to gain back some weight I lost due to health issues.

Ruler (without boobs or butt).

Heavier weights, mobility and foam-rolling. Lighter cardio.

My 60th birthday is coming up.

I'm back to doing kettlebells, so hoping to be more proficient by the Fall. Then, start doing more intermediate k-bell workouts.

A year of free personal "Kettlebell Boomer" sessions with Andrea DuCane!

6. Is what you are doing being effective???

I have made strength gains and my balance and flexibility are good. I can do Margaret Richard's Getting Better floor leg work with 6lb thigh weights. I am managing a couple of injuries and still working out regularly. Still, I am having a hard time building muscle.

Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-15, 01:37 PM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

1. What are your goals?
I want to maintain or improve my cardio and muscle endurance levels, avoid buying new clothes by not gaining weight (it would be nice to lose 3-5 pounds), maintain/increase my bone density, maintain some muscle definition, and feel good every day.

I am an ectomorph. Tall and relatively skinny with some extra fat around the middle. 5'9-1/2" and 140 pounds.

Muscle endurance and treadmill running.

Continue doing what I'm doing, for the most part. I run three times a week, do an overall strength workout once a week and do a "metabolic" strength workout once a week. I work my core once or twice a week, and stretch 3 times a week. I might add another core workout each week if I can, because it is definitely my weak area.

5. If you had a free gift DVD or 2 - what would they be? or 1 System? I think I have everything I want!

6. Is what I'm doing effective?
I think so. Running has proven to be the best calorie burner for me. I don't believe in systems or single bodypart workouts anymore after trying most of them. As far as DVD's, I do what I feel like doing without going heavy anymore. Don't need it because muscle and cardio endurance are more important than lifting a piano at my age - 56!

Sandi M
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals