Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-15, 10:26 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
I have more anxiety during the grueling summers. Does anyone else experience this? It is gloomy now but I feel relaxed and sleep so well. Wish I could do the same thing in the summer. I must be odd. By the time July rolls round I'm ready to hibernate. It's cold and gloomy here now but our cold snaps don't last long.

I sometimes dream about moving to Oregon or Montana from July to Sept but I can't afford it. I must be the lone weird one on the board.
I don't miss the hot sweaty Texas summers, but moving to the NW has made summers really hard for me. The sun going down so late and coming up so early kills my sleep and the light drives me crazy. I have some coping strategies for that too, but by July I look forward to the fall. Winters are hard here but summer can be brutal for me.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 03:18 AM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
I have more anxiety during the grueling summers. Does anyone else experience this? It is gloomy now but I feel relaxed and sleep so well. Wish I could do the same thing in the summer. I must be odd. By the time July rolls round I'm ready to hibernate. It's cold and gloomy here now but our cold snaps don't last long.

I sometimes dream about moving to Oregon or Montana from July to Sept but I can't afford it. I must be the lone weird one on the board.
No, you're not the only one. I actually get more depressed in summer, too, when there's day after day after day of blazing sun and heat. My dream is to avoid summer altogether--spend our summer months in the southern hemisphere, where it's winter. And my idea of heaven would be six months of spring and six months of autumn.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 04:29 AM  
Libby

When I'm feeling down/anxious, spending time with God and reading my Bible always helps. It's something I strive to do daily but fall short sometimes. Meditating on scripture is really soothing as well as listening to old hymns. It works for me! And exercisings is a must to get me through dark days. I think this time of year drags everyone down. I love to be outdoors and it's just too cold and miserable for that and I'm in Texas! Stretch workouts relax me. I like Classical Stretch and Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 06:33 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
No, you're not the only one. I actually get more depressed in summer, too, when there's day after day after day of blazing sun and heat. My dream is to avoid summer altogether--spend our summer months in the southern hemisphere, where it's winter. And my idea of heaven would be six months of spring and six months of autumn.
I sometimes imagine life being in a warmer climate and not having to deal with winter, but for me it might actually get kind of boring. I am able to enjoy all four seasons, well three anyway. I wouldn't mind winter at all actually if it was milder and we didn't have tons of snow and ice to deal with. Of course when I retire years from now even if I still do live in MN if it's nasty out I at least don't have to go out in it, which will be nice.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anxiety, depression, meditation, panic attacks, sad, seasonal depression, seasonal disorder, stress