Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-13, 05:14 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Ankle weights.

4 lb dumbbells. I don't know why I bought that size, which was a few years ago. I mostly use 3, 5 and 8, and never use the 4.
Funny, I use my 4s all the time, mostly whenever light weights (typically 3s) are called for.
And because I'm sorta starting out again, they and my 6s are my most used pairs now.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 05:33 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

In the barely used category is the BOSU. Even with various instructors it's not a lot of fun.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 05:53 PM  
bubbles76

Ankle Weights
Pilates Circle
Medicine Ball (5 and 8 pound, though I still use sometimes)
Elastic bands, although I use my firewalker bands
Weighted jumprope

Until recently I would have said Bodylastics and slanted risers, but I have been using them with Cathe
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 06:29 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Funny, I use my 4s all the time, mostly whenever light weights (typically 3s) are called for.
And because I'm sorta starting out again, they and my 6s are my most used pairs now.
4s and 6s sound all right. I just had 3s and 4s, and they were just so close in size. Money was tight for awhile, so I couldn't get any other size. I had bought them years ago, and I couldn't figure out why I had bought 4 instead of 5! I did use the 4's until I got the 5's and 8's. Although, I think 6 would be a good size to increase to, as 8s are a little too heavy for me right now.
Old 12-21-13, 08:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Items I used when I got them but don't now, however no regrets:
Bosu
Ankle and wrist weights (STS)
Weighted vest, Cathe 10 pound and a black adjustable one
Medicine balls
Slanted risers

Most used items:
kettlebells 10 lb to 55 lb. (I don't use the 55 all that much )
dumbbells - 5 to 40 pounds
Foam roller
Weight bench
Items I used when I got them but don't now, however no regrets:
- Bally twist board, my first system, came with tubing and dvd.
- 38lbs barbell (I used with Les Mills Pump) I've a couple of workouts which require barbell, so I'll mostly use them again.
- Cap 40lbs adjustable dumbbell set: I used with Les Mills Pump too for lunges and the weight are compatible with my barbell too, so no regrets.
- Suspension trainer got it few time b4 getting pregnant, so I didn't use it alot, but enjoyed while I did, it was pretty challenging, I still plan to use it in the future and do a full rotation.
- Medicine balls (6 & 8), I'll problably will use the 8 with few upper body exercises where my 10 Ugi feels too heavy.
- Furniture movers, I still use them once in a while.
- Elastic loops ($2 each) got 3 or 4 dif. tensions.
- TL Rock & roll stepper: Got it from Kijiji (it's like CL), still use once in a while to warm up b4 workouts.
- Weighted jump rope.
- Foam roller, I only whish I got the long instead of the short one (I was trying to save some $$).
- Weighted hula hoop (I'm still not totally sure if I regret this one or not)

* I don't have alot of dvds, so no regrets for now.

Most used items:
- Dumbbells 1 to 12, depending on the workout.
- Step 180
- Resistant tubing
- Body Break Trampoline
- Ultimate Sandbag
- Stability ball (it was unused 4 a while, it came back to my regular use now).
- TheRack, I did the full rotation that came with it, and still use it to stretch & with barre and bodyweight workouts.
- Ugi (funny, 2 months ago, it would be on my regret list, I used on my last rotation and I had so much fun with it that got the dvds now, and I plan to do a 6 weeks rotation with them).
- Cage fitness dummy.
- 15lbs sandbell
- MP chair (got it new from kijiji) and I still reach often for it.

Looking at my list I feel like I shouldn't buy anything else!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 08:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=AsSweetAsSugar;2335366 Looking at my list I feel like I shouldn't buy anything else! [/QUOTE]

I'm impressed with your list! I thought I had a lot of stuff, but I see there is room for me to grow....
Old 12-21-13, 08:44 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I'm impressed with your list! I thought I had a lot of stuff, but I see there is room for me to grow....
loll

Space is an issue now, with all my baby stuff, honestly I shouldn't buy anything else. And say bye to things I don't use or need.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-13, 01:03 PM  
donnamp

For me - rebounder and BOSU. My DD bounces on the BOSU from time to time - the rebounder is still in its box.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body blade, bodyblade, equipment gathering dust, fitness equipment, fitness gears barely used, rock n roll stepper