Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-13, 11:43 AM  
imhere2dance

Although I do several short workouts throughout the day, I sit a lot. For hours. I know I need to do better, so after an hour has passed, I'm going to make myself get up. I'll just do whatever I feel like...even if it's only walking around for a couple of minutes. There's no need for me to be such a huge "computer potato" all day.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 12:03 PM  
Pam

I have the advantage of being self-employed and working from home, most days. I try to remember to take breaks and either go for a short walk, do balance exercises, or do pushups or chinups (both of which are which hard for me). I feel much better after a day of working, for the breaks, plus that I did something for myself.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 12:07 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I'm a SAHM so I'm all about 'sparks.' I get dressed in my workout wear first thing in the morning and try to do some semblance of a 'complete' workout. I never have time to shower/change afterwards, so I just stay in my workout clothes and try to do some 'extras' throughout the day. I run around with the kids, go for walks, do some pushups, whatever.

Then I do a little yoga at the end of the day and shower after the kids have gone to bed. I really try to incorporate the kids as much as I can. I have two boys, so they need a lot of energy-release moves and it's a fun thing for us to do together.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 12:17 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I try to get on the rebounder and just do leslie type stuff for 5 minutes (or more) at a time throughout the day. Sometimes it;s just one minute, or 100 steps, or ??? just movement like that adds up.

It may not be a big spark, but doing that has made a big change in my energy level, and my clothes all got lose over the holidays with all the extra eating!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiple workouts per day, sparks