Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-12, 07:03 PM  
Whimzee

Revisiting CLX

I've been considering buying ChaLean Extreme ever since it came out and for some reason or other, I've always hesitated. Unfortunately, I have been slacking off from lifting any kind of weights for the last six months so - - -

Guess what I'm asking is: will she wipe me out since I now have to start all over again in the strength department? Or should I invest in an easier program? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help!
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 07:07 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I love the set, so I'm biased . . .

You can start with lighter weights, and there's a modifier in every workout, both in the weight workouts and the cardio. The times on these make them good for restarting, IMO - it's not so intimidating to have a 35 to 40 minute routine ahead of you.

I've gotten so much use out of it - I think it's a great purchase.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 07:25 PM  
FitzFour

I agree, I think it would be a good one to go with, even if you're just getting back into it. The first phase, Burn Phase, is where I went (as well as the crew on the DVD) a little lighter, and then the Push phase I went up more in weight (because the reps go down) and the Lean phase I was in between my weights for Burn and Push. I really like the set and have yet to find another set that really gets me lean like that one does!

Erika
FitzFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 07:27 PM  
princess76

Thumbs up

Hi, there. I started CLX on June 18. My heaviest dumbbell weight when I started was 15 pounds. I'm already up to 25 pounds for my heaviest weight. I'm using LifeCore adjustable dumbbells. Before this program, my heaviest weights were 10 pounds. You lift slowly so you can lift heavier. I highly recommend this program. I have already shrunk a clothing size without losing weight on the scale (so it's fat loss & muscle gain).
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 07:45 PM  
Whimzee

Another thought: I've seen used sets on Amazon for about $30 to $40 less than buying the DVD's new. But I've also heard there's a lot of boot legged copies going around. If I decide to purchase CLX, think I should go for new? I really don't care about her diet, calipers, etc. that are sold with it.
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 09:30 PM  
Melissa C

Thw best place to get CLX

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/default.asp

This is the Beachbody site of a lady who sells a wide variety of DVDs (she has a separate website for workouts that are not Beachbody). You will get the real thing from her and her customer service is excellent.
3:27:39 on November 4, 2017
3:13:13 on November 3, 2018
Indy 500 Festival Half Marathon:3:26:27 May 4, 2019
"What? Like it's HARD?"
"Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. they just don't."-from"Legally Blonde"

Blog: melissacooper46.wordpress.com
Melissa C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 11:08 PM  
Poogle

The thing I would think of- Do you really like Chalene? I was not a huge fan of hers in Turbo Jam/Fire, but could deal with her, but in CLX, I found her really annoying, probably because I was not as distracted since I was not jumping around I also found it really hard on my back from all of the bent over work, and frankly, just kind of bleh I ended up getting rid of mine after the first phase and have never missed them. If you want 30min heavy weight work, the KCM videos might be a good fit, or Cathe's muscle max has shorter premixes on it as well as the pyramid dvds.
Old 07-13-12, 07:24 AM  
wlorrie

Chalene and I didn't click in Turbo JAm either( I sold all of my TJ), but I loved CLX! The workouts are short and VERY effective. I always lose inches when I do a round of CLX. I think you should give it a try. If you are still on the fence, try finding some used copies or maybe see if someone will temporarily loan you the set.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 07:32 AM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

I am in a similar boat and this is a great program to get you back in the game. You can go as heavy or as light as you need to and your will definitely see strength gains as you progress.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene, chalene johnson, clx