Old 04-06-12, 07:25 PM  
ooty

{{{{HUGS}}}}.

My heart aches so much for all of you!
Old 04-06-12, 07:52 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
I was annoyed with myself for trying to explain something very personal and I was annoyed with people cuz they just don't get it.
Quote:
I see posts about what to do for exercise when you're depressed and it's taken a long time but I now understand those posters are talking about depression "lite." Many people don't understand, they can't fathom that there is a depression "dark." It's the people who talk about the tunnel, the hole, who know what depression-dark is. Finding a reason to wake up in the morning is on their minds, not what dvd to do.
Can you please read this and imagine if someone said this about you? How would you feel? You didn't use yourself as an example. You used other people and described how they were feeling, which isn't fair to them. Again, you don't know if they're talking about depression "lite" or "dark". Your experience isn't the litmus test by which you judge another's experience. You don't know how they feel. If you can't imagine being able to workout when deeply depressed, I can understand that. But I cannot understand saying to other community members that their depression is "lite" because they work out. It isn't something any of us know. I feel it's wrong to call them out like this.
Old 04-06-12, 08:44 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Fidget Queen, thank you for your reply. My loved one has expressed some of the same sentiments (e.g. he truly does feel guilt if he thinks he has upset someone else or brought them down. And I in contrast truly do want to listen and be here for him. But I have my own issues too and know that if he overwhelms me and I get upset, then it's bad for me and it truly doesn't help him either. I guess I just hope that on some level, love with good intentions can be enough sometimes---not necessarily to 'fix' things, but at least to help him feel a bit less alone with all of this.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio coach, coach sean, depression