Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-01-09, 02:25 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P.

I agree with others that some cardio is necessary for heart health, but some high rep endurance dvds provide a cardio effect. When I do the lower body part of Cathe's MIS, my heartrate really gets up there, and it doesn't have any impact.
I don't see why stuff like that wouldn't count. I used to count that one when I did it -- before the knees screamed "enough already!".
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 02:30 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Yes, wouldn't high rep resistance/endurance workouts also count as cardio? I find they get my heart into the same aerobic zone... and then some!
They absolutely count. The cardio/strength divide is an artificial one. My heart rate certainly goes up if I'm lifting a heavy object!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 03:25 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo
Lately I've bee going through the same thing. And I absolutely love Kundalini yoga. I'm trying to have the mind set that first I need to take care of my inside as well as very clean eating- which is hard for me. I emailed ana and Ravi and they just replied. Basically they said it's possible to lose weight with their videos because they help with other parts also ( thyroid etc.) They suggested doing one of their videos with cardio elements ( cardio and strength/dance the chakras/warrior workout) 3 times per week. The other three days rotate their other dvds w/15-20 minutes walking and take one day off for meditation. I'm really going to try to stick with this rotation along w/2 bar workouts per week and see what happens. I always try to do more but I'm not going to. I'm also really bad at weighing myself and measurments- so I will do that as well. I've already given up sweets for lent so I think that will also help. I will keep track of everything I do and measurements for 30 days and see what happens. Although I think it may take a little longer than 30 days to see major progress.
ooh! Please report back. I'm always curious about what people think of kundalini yoga rotations as the primary form of fitness/exercise.
Old 03-01-09, 03:27 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs
ooh! Please report back. I'm always curious about what people think of kundalini yoga rotations as the primary form of fitness/exercise.
Check out the Kundalini checkin. There's bound to be a few VFers who can answer your question.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 04:29 PM  
Debbie M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj
Deb, do you like Godiva chocolates? I believe that's twice you've mentioned them lately.
Absolutely! I have some daily.

I don't like everything they sell and would never buy a mixed box. I change what my latest addiction with them is every few months.

Right now it is the limited edition mousse pieces! I love how light smooth and creamy the mousse texture is. I am loving the hazelnut, milk, mocha and tropical mousse pieces.

In the fall, my local Godiva made me my own caramel apple bark slabs (I actually have a photo of one of my slabs I can post) and gave me a bulk discount! LOL

The Easter products are arriving so hopefully the almond butter filled milk chocolate eggs will be back again this year.

Sorry! This is not a very inspiring post in a leaning out thread! LOL

On topic: I do not have to give up Godiva to lean out! I just control the portion size.

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 04:31 PM  
Debbie M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl
Really? Seems like everything I've read says that diet is at least 80% of the equation if you want to lose weight. I like exercise and have done it regularly for 25 years, but if I don't diet, I can't lose weight.
Here is the part of my post you were referring to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie M
I think there are few fitness experts (Jillian included as I see her mentioned) who do not claim that diet is responsible for about 80% of body composition results.Deb
That is exactly what my post stated! LOL I agree with you and was stating that Jillian just said 80% on he radio show a few weeks ago too!

You must have misread my post.

Best,
Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 04:56 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie M
Here is the part of my post you were referring to:

That is exactly what my post stated! LOL I agree with you and was stating that Jillian just said 80% on he radio show a few weeks ago too!

You must have misread my post.

Best,
Deb
Yep, I read "there are a few fitness experts . . ." instead of "there are few". My bad! I couldn't imagine who was saying diet was important!
Old 03-01-09, 05:01 PM  
cristinalatina

Thank you

Thank you all for the great replies! You've given me great encouragement. I personally dislike cardio for a reason - it hurts my shins, feet, and makes my breathing very uncomfortable - so I do not feel that it can possibly have health benefits that cannot be obtained by other means!

Yahoo205, I love Bikram yoga and got great results with it, but it's very time consuming. I can squeeze in two full body workouts in the same amount of time, so that makes it not my first choice.

I intend to continue my Jari rotation, thank you all for the ideas
Old 03-01-09, 06:21 PM  
anniep.

Has anyone read the "Cardio Free Diet" book? I think that's what the book is called. Anybody know about this book/idea?
anniep. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitday.com, no cardio, weights only