Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-21, 01:08 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Looking for a Pilates bar - recommendations?

Years ago I saw a device marketed by Susannah Cotrone of the Winsor videos, and should have purchased it then. It is a bar with a band on either side and loops or handles at the bottom, for a variety of exercises. For example, you can hold the bar and put your feet through the loops for ab work. Some of them have a hook for going over the door.

I had the one that came with the Winsor Slimming Pilates kit but it broke pretty quickly. I really want to use those videos again. If you use this type of prop, please share. Thanks!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 06:13 PM  
Donna D

Hi Pat,

I see that the kit is available on eBay for $29.95 with free shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/13208110740...AAAOSw5x5gEcHh

Sorry to hear that yours broke, I haven't had a problem with mine.

Donna D
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 09:51 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Pat, if you buy things from Walmart, or walmart.com, they have the Pilates bar.
Or, if you want a Winsor accelerator and would go for postage, you could have mine.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 12:00 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i've seen a product like this in Walmart (brick and mortar store). i haven't seen it lately despite their restocking of many other fitness products.

Marie Osmond promotes the BodyGym, but the band is attached the other way - the ends of the band attach to the ends of the bar.

here's a He-Man version:
https://www.amazon.com/Professional-.../dp/B08WWM8K3X

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 12:48 AM  
Kiwi Katie

Smile

Hi Pat

You may be thinking of the Pilatesstick: https://peakpilates.com/pilatesstick-basic-kit-package/

I've been to a Pilates class once that used it and also Xtend Barre had barre stick classes which I attended semi regularly and really enjoyed. I ended up buying my own and loved it - used it frequently during private sessions with my own Pilates clients. I haven't used it in a long time but wouldn't part with it!

Katie :-)
Kiwi Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 03:40 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

there's a tag for "pilatesstick" on this thread. someone (la mancha - Lori) built her own PilatesStick and shared the directions and supplies.

edited to add:

thread where La Mancha describes how she made her own PilatesStick:

Anyone tried the Pilates Stick?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 10:55 PM  
bfit

There is a device that is all bands (no stick) for sale on Amazon called Gaiam Pilates Coreplus Reformer. Supposedly, it comes with a workout too. I actually ordered it recently, but Amazon sent the wrong item so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 06:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
There is a device that is all bands (no stick) for sale on Amazon called Gaiam Pilates Coreplus Reformer. Supposedly, it comes with a workout too. I actually ordered it recently, but Amazon sent the wrong item so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Lauren at Senior Shape has done a couple of workouts for the Coreplus Reformer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpXR...orShapeFitness and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DMY...orShapeFitness

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bodygym, ez shaper pro, gaiam pilates bar, marie osmond, pilates bar, pilatesstick