Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-06, 10:09 PM  
Lady D

I also love the new Cathe workouts a lot.

Another option that's great about them is that you can use the premixes to alternate between upper body and lower body circuits on consecutive days (i.e., doing Low Impact Upper Body circuit one day, Drill Max lower body circuit the next, etc.)

I really enjoy Low Impact Circuit more than I thought I would. It is good for me to do on an early weekend morning. It's low impact enough so that I can do it and the downstairs neighbor won't complain; but intense enough where I get a decent workout out of it. I usually do it on an 8-inch step and the choreography is simple enough where I don't trip over my feet. I love it so much that along with the new calendar, I've ordered LoMax, the Classics and Cardio Hits to get a taste of more of the same kind of Cathe.
Old 12-14-06, 10:28 PM  
CarlaVeg

I have an amazon gift crad that I'll use to buy these DVd's... but I'm wondering if Amazon is selling the defective DVD's.... I don't know what to do? Should I just wait?
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 10:20 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I'm really enjoying this series as well. At first, I didn't like that they were all circuit wokrouts (except for Butts and Guts), because I prefer to split cardio and weights, but I haven't been able to workout as often as I'd like in the past month or so, and these are great as 'every other day' workouts.

I haven't even done BMax2 as presented (just all but upper body one day, followed by the double upper body premix the next) or Drill Max either (just the lower body premix, and the segments that are in Cardio Fusion) and I feel there's still a lot to explore with these.

I'm happy that there aren't a lot of pivoty moves (though I amuse myself discovering moves that show how much Cathe likes to pivot and do 180-degree turns, but she's holding herself back but still giving the feel of a 180-degree turn by doing several 1/2 turns in a row). And the impact moves seem mostly more reasonable to me (very much more like P90X plyo moves, which I find to be effective and less jarring than Cathe's usual tuck jumps and high-jumping plyos).

The whole series seems quite fresh to me. (And I even like 'around the world' moves!)

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 11:24 AM  
ponytail

I LOVE this series and can't say enough good things about it!!!

I think Cathe's premixes are sensational this time around and I use them more than I do the as-produced workouts (though I love those versions as well!!)

And I can't figure out which one is my favorite – which is always a nice problem to be stuck with!!! I think I like Drill Max best of all, but I do BM2, B&G, and LIC every week as well, so clearly, I love them all. And they are so versatile! Functional fitness, endurance, strength, low impact cardio, high impact cardio – this series really has it all.

And I’ve seen changes in my upper body from doing the Body Max 2 upper body 2x’s premix, and my abs are getting stronger and stronger (LOVE the ab work in this series).

Okay, I’ll stop gushing now!
ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 03:15 PM  
caligurl

i love circuit workouts... so naturally i love LIC and DM! i've onle done B&G once... but i liked it when i did it... just haven't had a time to do it again cuz i have to work it in around my bike riding.... can't/won't do legs too close to the weekend when i do longer rides.... and won't do legs the morning of a long ride.... in january i should be able to do it more often!
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sash series