Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-06, 04:31 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

daisyduke - I've seen a few different results from following Cathe's November Shock Your Body rotation. Instead of running on non-new-series days, I'll do a different cardio. This is usually Kickmax, Amy Bento or Kelly Coffey-Meyer cardio workouts, or other cardio-only workout that I feel like doing. This option in the rotation is also helping me avoid Cathe burnout.

OK, results include increased energy, "tighter" feeling core and thighs and more defined upper body. As I stated above, I've never done a pure circuit workout rotation. I've only just thrown one in here and there for fun. I'm now seeing that this type of workout is giving me some heretofore elusive results. I think the fact that my HR is up there for an hour plus in these workouts is really burning body fat. What's nice for me is that it's not just pure cardio, which really keeps boredom at bay. YMMV, but I've seen some very positive changes in my body from this series.

HTH,
Linda
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 05:59 PM  
beachgerrrl

What is the NEW Cathe series called??

What is the NEW Cathe series called? This thread is making me kind of sad, since I haven't been able to workout to Cathe's tapes for an entire year (bad back issues). I feel very out of the loop. I really miss working out to Cathe! I loved every dvd I have, be it Step or wt training. Is the new series high impact??
beachgerrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 06:06 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke
How have your results been? Thanks for sharing!
I started following the December rotation then got sick so I didn't finish it. Then I discovered some new workouts (new to me). I plan on going back and following the December rotation sometime in the future to see how I feel and what my results will be.
Old 12-14-06, 06:15 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgerrrl
What is the NEW Cathe series called? This thread is making me kind of sad, since I haven't been able to workout to Cathe's tapes for an entire year (bad back issues). I feel very out of the loop. I really miss working out to Cathe! I loved every dvd I have, be it Step or wt training. Is the new series high impact??
Cathe's new series doesn't have an official name but I call them the Fabulous Five! There is high impact moves in them but I feel they are very easy to modify. Cathe has nice long clips up on her site to give you a better idea of how they are put together.
Old 12-14-06, 06:32 PM  
beachgerrrl

I can't view the clips bec I'm on a ridiculous 56k modem connection. It won't even load. lol

You said "5", but I only see 4 "new" dvds listed on her site. ?
Butts & Guts
Body Max 2
Low Impact Circuit (have you tried this yet? Is it still "high impact", though? (Cathe's "low", is still kind of high sometimes. lol)
Drill Max

What's the 5th one you mention?

tia!
Old 12-14-06, 06:38 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

She also did a Cardio DVD that just went available for sale... go to the Ask Cathe forum...
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 06:55 PM  
Daphne M

I really love them too

My favorite is Butts and Guts. With the premix options, the standing and the floor work and the two different ab/core workouts, this workout really feels like two different excellent workouts for me. Also, I love using a pseudo informercial announcer voice to tell the kids I'm going off to do "BUTTS ... AND GUTS."

I also really like Low Impact Circuit. I do a ton of running and some cycling and swimming and so I'm grateful for a lower-intensity, low impact workout that has some good strength exercises.

I tend to prefer shorter workouts that are very flexible and I think that's why I love these so much. I also loved the Body Blast series. I liked the Gym Styles a lot -- but I almost never do any of the Gym Styles. Too much like hard work, I guess. This new series puts the fun back in the workout for me.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 07:01 PM  
beachgerrrl

Thanks! I just posted there.
Old 12-14-06, 07:33 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgerrrl
What's the 5th one you mention?

tia!
It's called Cardio Fusion and it's pieces of the other four, remixed. It was originally a gift for the people who pre-ordered and supported Cathe during a very long wait. Now it's being sold on her site.
Old 12-14-06, 07:54 PM  
poohpeggy

Linda, that is EXACTLY what has happened to me. My attitude has had a 100% turn around because of these workouts. I too, look forward, once again to working out...I was just going thru the motions since summer. I am enjoying this "Rebirth" feeling VERY MUCH!! I could not believe that during DrillMax, I truly felt like a kid at recess. I haven't felt that for years and years. I second the "PRAISE for CATHE" ....Happy Holidays...Peggy
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sash series