Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-17-06, 10:54 AM  
mj476

In Cathe's new ones, I like the music in Body Max 2. I also like the music in Low Max, IMAX 3 and IMAX 2. I like the music for the ball exercises in Butts & Guts. I also love the music from the Bodyblast Series (all of them).

Apart from Cathe's, I love the music in Christy Taylor's DVDs such as CIA 9801, Fantastic Four and Totally Hot Cardio and Totally Cool Step.
mj476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-06, 11:12 AM  
turbo1

I like most of the music in Cathes new series, but I HATE the vocals. I like really loud music but I turn it down when the vocals get too loud, it just really drive me nuts. I really like the music in B&G. I like the music in the Intensity Series and CTX.
Amy Bentos new workouts have GREAT music! Really upbeat and motivating.
Old 11-17-06, 05:47 PM  
tltinatl

That's so funny, that people hate the music in LIC so much. After I did LIC the first time, I was thinking about starting a thread about how much I loved the music. It's the best music I've ever heard in one of Cathe's workouts so far. (LIC is the only one I've done from the new set so far). I absolutely detest the music she uses about 90 percent of the time. Sometimes it feels like it makes a difficult part of a workout worse.

I remember that I used to hate the lunges in Pure Strength Legs and Abs almost more because of that slow, awful song than because of the lunges themselves. And as much as I like the quick efficent nature of Push Pull and Supersets when I can't (or don't want to) work out for very long, I can barely stand to do them sometimes because of the music.

I guess I prefer my workout music more energetic and less....singable.
tltinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-06, 08:13 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltinatl
I guess I prefer my music more energetic and less....singable.
I don't know, just reading about the music of LIC has "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" ingrained in my brain!

About the only standout "good" music in this series is the music played during the ending stretch in Butts & Guts. It's kind of classical in nature, so I wouldn't want it playing while doing cardio or pumping iron. Music doesn't stand out too much for me. But I have to admit, when previewing LIC, I had to switch the audio to "no music" a couple of times because it grated on my nerves. It didn't bother me in the least when actually doing the workout.

Now some recent releases that I consider to have good music (non-Cathe) are on Amy Bento's Kickbox X-treme and Kelly Coffey-Meyer's The Shape of Things to Come. I really can't think of any Cathe music that was especially good or bad.

Tags
sash series