Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-06, 01:21 PM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leela
Music is great, the step stuff is great, the rest is fun -

It's a winner. Really top knotch. I used ot love SJP the most, but now, this one has taken it's place.
Aw Leela - you know I love SJP too! I haven't wanted any of the new Cathe's until reading this!

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 01:56 PM  
chelbell

so far. . .

So far I'm going with Drill Max as my favorite. But I haven't done them all yet.
chelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 10:21 AM  
meggie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roz
Can I curl up with your kitties, Meggie?
Of course, Roz!! They're equal opportunity cuddlers ...
Old 11-25-06, 06:25 PM  
swankyswimmer

I had to bring this thread back because now I have done each workout multiple times and many of the premixes. I would rank them: 1. BodyMax2, 2. LowImpact Circuit, and 3. Drill Max. Drill Max is nice for what it is, but just not my favorite.

I am in love with BM2!! The music is phenomenal. I cannot begin to tell you how frequently I smile during that video just because of the music (well, when I'm not too out of breath). Also, the music is good in LIC and I like that it is low impact, which is the only reason it edges out DM. DM has good music and is challenging, which I also like. I wish it had more step in it. And, *gasp* I wish the choreography was more intricate!! I never thought I (choreography dumb) would be asking for that.

I suppose with my first Cathe DVDs, I have turned from a choreography numnut to someone who can at least deal with moderate combos - and LOVE it!
swankyswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 06:38 PM  
slate*kate
VF Supporter

BM2 - but that's the only one I ordered!

I am glad too. I don't want a real long leg workout like B &G, my legs get worked enough with other things I do. I think LIC would be a bit boring to me too. Although I do consider myself choreo challenged, the routine from LIC on Cardio Fusion seems rather boring.

And though I like the few drills from Drill Max on CF, I don't think I would want to do a whole workout like that. I was very pleased to get the CF DVD with my preorder. I have done it a few times too (not quite all of it) and its a great cardio addition to my collection.
slate*kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 03:30 PM  
jenc0629

I have to agree.. Body Max2. Not a fan of LIC AT ALL and I haven't really gotten into Drill Max. Good idea... but probably not my thing. I love Body Max2, especially the power circuits.
Old 11-26-06, 03:38 PM  
MariaKatherine

Body Max 2 is the best workout ever, IMO. The step choreography is fun and energetic, the music is great, the strength training is no-nonsense and effective, the ab work is challenging and very thorough, the blasts are actually FUN (first time I've ever said that! ), Cathe and the crew look great (I've always loved brown and blue together), her cuing is superb...

"You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance."
--Lee Iacocca
MariaKatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 04:35 PM  
swankyswimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKatherine
Body Max 2 is the best workout ever, IMO. The step choreography is fun and energetic, the music is great, the strength training is no-nonsense and effective, the ab work is challenging and very thorough, the blasts are actually FUN (first time I've ever said that! ), Cathe and the crew look great (I've always loved brown and blue together), her cuing is superb...
I completely agree...and especially with what you said about the music! The first step combo after the warm up is my favorite! I almost always want to sing during it...but then my stepping gets sloppy so I always hold back...but it is really phenomenal!
swankyswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 06:12 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

BodyMax2 by a large margin. I also like B&G a lot. I don't care for the choreography in LIC and DrillMax is just too intense. I don't often do really intense workouts, so the few I have fit the bill just fine. I'll be selling or trading LIC and Drillmax. I haven't tried Cardio Fusion yet, but I will very likely keep it, just from what others have said.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 06:51 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=swankyswimmer]I had to bring this thread back because now I have done each workout multiple times and many of the premixes. I would rank them: 1. BodyMax2, 2. LowImpact Circuit, and 3. Drill Max. Drill Max is nice for what it is, but just not my favorite.

I am in love with BM2!! The music is phenomenal. I cannot begin to tell you how frequently I smile during that video just because of the music (well, when I'm not too out of breath). Also, the music is good in LIC and I like that it is low impact, which is the only reason it edges out DM. DM has good music and is challenging, which I also like. I wish it had more step in it. And, *gasp* I wish the choreography was more intricate!! I never thought I (choreography dumb) would be asking for that.

I suppose with my first Cathe DVDs, I have turned from a choreography numnut to someone who can at least deal with moderate combos - and LOVE it! QUOTE I am still at the point where I am grateful that I can even do the choregraphy in one of her newer workouts! So, I have to say LIC is my favorite new one. The only other new one I have is B&G. I have not done it yet, but I plan to soon.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sash series