Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-06, 11:48 PM  
spotted zebra

Hi kats. Whereabouts in Canada did you see the Needak? My friend at work wants to buy a Needak since I rave about rebounding so much, but the place she was thinking of ordering from charges extra for shipping.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 06:19 AM  
horsemom2

Those couple of inches can make a huge difference in limiting or enabling non rebounding specific workouts. Problem is figuring out exactly how many inches the mats measure since measuring techniques can vary. However, if being used for kickboxing, there is a balance advantage on a stiffer mat.

All models allow leg folding or removal which is actually easily than most folding/unfolding techniques and would easily enable slipping the unit under a bed or behind a couch.

Considering the difference in prices, IMHO the Needak price is amazing and well worth it for the extra space and comfort since you already have some knee arthritis. I'm big on pulsing/healthbouncing (keeping at least a part of one foot on the rbounder or not going completely airborne) and believe I get a much larger range of motion on my ReboundAIR. Yet I prefer my stiffer YogFlex for most workouts since it is so much larger.

Barb S
who finds standing on top of my Bosu and pumping like a lateral trainer really helps my knees even more than bouncing!
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 07:56 AM  
kats

Hi Spotted Zebra,

Here's where to get the Needak on sale: Needak Half-Fold at sale price . I've never ordered anything from there, so I can't comment on their custumer service.

Thanks also for your comments, Horsemom2 .

I decided to go for the UR model. It will be easier to do the kickboxing on it. Since they have a 30 day return policy, if it's too hard on my knees, I'll return it and get the Needak (that store only has a 14 day return policy, with a restocking fee). I tried the cheapo Stamina model, so I will at least have a comparison base.

My DH ordered it Friday, so I should get it soon . And I'll get to use it as soon as it gets in the house, because I have to decide if I keep it or not, so Christmas is coming early !

I'll let you know how I like it,

kats
kats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 08:58 PM  
spotted zebra

Thanks Kats. That's actually the website my friend was looking at. We were under the impression the free shipping offer only applied to the US. I think she's going to get a Needak anyway.

Hopefully you'll be okay with the UR. I sometimes have knee issues but am fine with the UR. [The Body Burner on the other hand was disappointing. I really love the larger mat size, but found the little bit of extra hardness in comparison to the UR, while not a lot, was enough to aggravate my knees.] So I'm sticking with my UR.
Old 11-30-06, 08:16 PM  
SydneyH

Arrow reply

Got mine, folding one through HSN for $99 with free shipping. Like it and find the workouts tough!
SydneyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 09:34 PM  
msaet

I got my Needak rebounder from Aviva (the link above). Like the original poster, I live in Canada and I didn't want any issues about customs etc. I've had no problems getting the rebounder - was a quick ship, and the price is excellent, so I would recommend this. I also like the Needak, as I wanted the soft bounce.
msaet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 10:22 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaet
I got my Needak rebounder from Aviva (the link above). Like the original poster, I live in Canada and I didn't want any issues about customs etc. I've had no problems getting the rebounder - was a quick ship, and the price is excellent, so I would recommend this. I also like the Needak, as I wanted the soft bounce.
Msaet, Was it shipped by Canada Post or by courier?
Old 12-01-06, 08:53 PM  
msaet

Sorry, I can't remember, but I think it was Canada Post. The website says either Canada Post or Canpar - it doesn't hurt to ask the vendor or to let them know if you have a preference. If it makes any difference, the vendor is in Winnipeg - I'm in Hamilton.
msaet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-06, 10:06 PM  
spotted zebra

Thanks, I'll pass that on. After she gets her Needak I'm going to be the first person in line waiting to try it out. After my girl friend, of course.

Meanwhile, I got some Turbo Jam weighted gloves from ebay I'm using for my rebounder workouts. I love them. It beats carrying hand weights.
Old 01-02-07, 08:16 PM  
jazzy75

Did yo get it?

HI there - I'm in Canada too and caught myself watching the UR show on TSC yesterday....now I think I need one. So came here to do some research. Wondering if you got yours yet and if you are liking it?

As an advanced exerciser with a new home gym I am looking for some things to add variety and offer a challenging workout...but am starting to get concerned about all of the high impact in many of my workouts...is this the answer!?!?!

Tags
reboundair, rebounder friendly