Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-31-06, 06:09 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRD0
OK, I am a dork, I like the sash, OK? A child of the 70's, self admitted wierd fashion sense!
You're not the only one. I think there are a couple of threads on Cathe's forum asking where they can be purchased.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 06:20 PM  
DRD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette
You're not the only one. I think there are a couple of threads on Cathe's forum asking where they can be purchased.
Ha, I would not go that far, my waist does NOT need to be accented by white anything!

Drill max ball push-ups look brutal. Also when they are doing the but squeezing stuff on the ball, Brenda has a different style than everyone else, which I thought was interesting.
DRD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 06:36 PM  
Bebop

I just finished previewing Drill Max and I'm almost through previewing BodyMax 2. I'm sick and have just about enough energy to open the DVD player.

My impression of Drill Max:

My Drill 4 has a glitch - it starts the cardio and then skips to the firewalkers. It does this also from the mix and match menu. The rest of the DVD plays fine.

The workout looks great. It's very modifiable for those of use who don't like the high impact. I plan to have my rebounder handy. It seems to have a functional fitness or AWAT feel. Cathe seems to use traditional moves in a functional way. If you don't like the TLT's but want some functional fitness, you may like this one. Drill 6 seems really hard - I'll have to actually do this one before I can figure out how to modify it down.

I can't wait to try this one. This is definately one for the people who have been hoping that Cathe does something different. There isn't an ab work but the core does get worked throughout the workout. Oh, I don't mind the sash

Bodymax2 - Well, so far, my disc plays fine. I had to stop at the triceps but I'll just go to that chapter point and finish. It looks tough - true to it's name - Bodymax2. I still can't do Bodymax 1 all the way through as scripted and I doubt I'll be able to do this one either. Thank goodness it can be broken into pieces. The first part is pretty intense but the choreography is not complicated - typical Cathe Athletic moves. The second part seems even more intense then the original Bodymax1. At one point, I was thinking that I may have to skip it because it's very high impact. I'll just have to try it. The Upper body stays true to the Bodymax1 format - quick and more endurance based. I noticed an Upper body 2x pre-mix.

I'm off to finish viewing it and then tackle Gutts and Butts.

I'm kind of afraid to view Low Impact Circuit because that is supposed to have glitches too.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 06:50 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
OK, I am a dork, I like the sash, OK? A child of the 70's, self admitted wierd fashion sense!
You're not alone I thought it looked cool!
Old 10-31-06, 07:18 PM  
DRD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp
You're not alone I thought it looked cool!
Phew, I knew some of had to come out of the closet.
Old 10-31-06, 07:28 PM  
Jules

I did Drill Max today-here are my first impressions. I used an 8" step and 5lb and 8lb dumbbells. Cathe was very relaxed and professional-not overly chatty. The crew looked great and I didn't find Cathe's sash to be a distraction at all. The choreography of the entire workout was athletic and moderate in difficulty. I was able to follow it pretty easily with the exception of the lunges with the ball in the 6th cardio segment. The cardio segments weren't too tough-I went anaerobic during parts of the 5th and 6th cardio segments but otherwise just kept a nice steady heartrate. I found the weight segments to be doable as well. The divebomber pushups/core pushups are a burner and I am sure I can work on my form but I did get through them without a rest. I was surprised how much the 3rd cardio routine with the ball burned my arms after doing those pushups. The only exercise I modified was the pushups on the ball. I felt kind of unstable so I put the ball on top of a step riser to do these. I also noticed the walking lunge segment is a bit of a space hog so that may be an issue for some. Overall I found this workout this workout to be slightly easier than bootcamp as I didn't go anaerobic as much and the weights used were lighter. It is the perfect workout for those who want to get that lean and toned look. I felt very energized as opposed to wiped out when I finished the workout and will probably add on some ab work at the end when I do this one in the future. I really enjoyed this workout-the time flew by.

Jules
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 09:32 PM  
steakhousegirl

Jules: Thanks for your review of Drill Max. I just finished previewing it and it looked like fun. The only things that scared me were that Cathe seemed winded in parts (if she's winded what will happen to me?) and I have never seen so much sweat on an instructor and crew!! I'm going to try and get a good night's sleep so I can be ready for this in the morning. It did remind me of a more energetic TLT workout.
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 09:47 PM  
Bebop

I finished previewing Gutts and butts and Low Impact Circuit.

Gutts and Butts looks like so much fun. It does take up a lot of room because she does quite a few sets of walking lunges and then a side, front and back lunge series. she really has put together a standing workout that is not the same old same. The floor work is nothing new but the core work uses ankle weights and dumbells.

Low Impact Circuit looks like so much fun. The Music is awesome. Who was the one who wanted to do those bow and arrows during the first song? I kept expecting Cathe to do pendulums accross the step. It's the same song as in C&W. One bad thing - my DVD has the glitch in the tricep extensions - it gets through most of them then skips to the kickbacks.

Still, I can't wait to do this one. the choreography is easy to pick up and the music is great.

All in all, I'm happy with this series. Realistically, I probably won't be able to do them for a couple of weeks. By the time I'm over what ever I have, I'll have to start back slowly. I'll post reviews in the new review section eventually.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 10:06 PM  
DRD0

I am previewing LIC right now, and I really really like the music and the energy of it. It looks fun. I am having such a busy week, I don't know when I will get to these.

You can tell how hot it was filming, they get really very sweaty!
Old 11-01-06, 06:31 AM  
Carol_is_fit

Quote:
Oh you misunderstand me! I like it too but there was a thread here last week or the week before where people were talking about it, and I was in a silly mood ... hence my "naming" the series. It seemed so appropriate at the time.

Carol
Carol_is_fit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sash series