Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-06, 11:16 AM  
spotted zebra

Another Rod Stryker video is P.M. Peak Performance Yoga . It has a beautiful setting by a lake in Banff Canada.

Some others I recall as being outdoors include Mantra Girl's Kundalini Yoga dvds (not sure of the exact titles) filmed in Malibu. Hatha Yoga & Meditation in the Valley of Gods, filmed in India/Himalayas. And Seven Challenges to Change Your Life - An Introduction to Crane Style Yoga; and Mindfulness in Movement. The last two are yoga workouts inspired by crane style qigong and have some different moves I haven't seen elsewhere.

I just love outdoor yoga videos and do them more often than videos shot indoors.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 12:09 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra
I just love outdoor yoga videos and do them more often than videos shot indoors.
Me too!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 01:28 PM  
Yogadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938
thanks Scott! I think I'll hold off on that one for a while til I get some more strength and stamina. boy, did Leslie Sanson wap 1 mile with 3 lb weights and boy oh boy was I feeling it and that's hardly any weight at all! I'm embarrassed but I know I'll build up again..no wonder downdogs are giving me so many problems starting back to exercising!
eta: I do have total yoga earth pulled out to do ..hopefully Sunday or Monday when I don't have to get to bed by 10 for work . hate these 12 hr shifts.
Hi Susanna,

I think if you like "earth" and work with that a bit then something like Yoga Shakti wouldn't be too far off. The gentler programs on "Shakti" are very doable. One of the really great things about "Shakti" is that it's so versatile so it can grow with you (or you can grow with it ).

Good luck with your practice and just take your time and enjoy it. There's still so many things I can't do (and some I may never be able to do) but it just keeps things interesting

Best,

Scott
Yogadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 02:33 PM  
Brick

New Mark Blanchard DVDs

Mark Blanchard has a brand new set of 5 DVDs with an outdoor setting, filmed at Sedona. You can watch brief clips of them at his site, and they look great! You can order them individually or in sets of 3 or all 5. I'm being VERY tempted to order 3 of them . . . The Core, The Stretch, and The Flow.

Has anyone ordered any of these yet? Would love to hear some reviews!

http://www.progressivepoweryoga.com/9/
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 08:32 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick
Mark Blanchard has a brand new set of 5 DVDs with an outdoor setting, filmed at Sedona. You can watch brief clips of them at his site, and they look great! You can order them individually or in sets of 3 or all 5. I'm being VERY tempted to order 3 of them . . . The Core, The Stretch, and The Flow.

Has anyone ordered any of these yet? Would love to hear some reviews!

http://www.progressivepoweryoga.com/9/
Oh, these look nice (VERY tempting)! The Sedona setting is the same beautiful setting in Suzanne Deason's Yoga Conditioning For Weight Loss. Thanks for posting the link!
Old 02-26-06, 01:08 AM  
Brick

Forgot to mention . . .

There's a discount code for the new Mark Blanchard DVDs. It is: ADORE

If you order all 5, the discount is $18.00; if you select the "Buy Any Three" option, the discount is $12.00.
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 10:03 AM  
Ellieva

Mark's look beautiful, but are there modifications for various levels?! They
are gorgeous and love the nature sounds

I can't get over all of the choices
I wish Netflix carried all of these

Thanks so much, everyone for your input!
~Ellie
Ellieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 12:49 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I'm curious about Mark's also! I'm getting pretty good at modifying too! :-)LOL! one time I made it through eoin's py4h and the only reason is that I couldn't get off the floor to turnthe darn thing off so whne I recovered a bit I'd try the next move and it kept going that way til it was done and everyone but me got a 'group hug' :-( I'm just starting back with exercise so I know yoga is gonna be frustrating for me for a while. bad enough to not be flexible but fat and weak on top of it just makes it even worse but I know each time I do a downdog or sun salutation that I'll get stronger and feel good afterwards.
Old 02-26-06, 01:08 PM  
Ellieva

hugs

(((hugs)))
I understand...i had back surgery, about 8 months, ago. I am not there, yet,
but so much better, than before! Hang in there, it takes time to rebuild, i find
i can build muscle quicker, than see much improvement in my flexibility. I
know it is something, i need to work on. I use to think I wasn't very flexible,
before surgery, but now...oh, my! It will come, be patient with yourself.

I think Yoga Shakti...is going to be my next purchase, from everyone's input
and the reviews...sounds like you can grow with this one. Something for
everybody! Advanced doesn't bother me....even though i am no way, near
that level. I have done yoga on and off, for over 20yrs. Now, i just need
to make it a daily practice!

Take Care Susanna
~Ellie
Ellieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 01:18 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick
There's a discount code for the new Mark Blanchard DVDs. It is: ADORE

If you order all 5, the discount is $18.00; if you select the "Buy Any Three" option, the discount is $12.00.
Enabler!

Oh boy, now I'm really gonna buy these since the discount code covers the shipping cost (the cheapest is $8.17 for the "buy any 3 DVDs option" and $10.28 for all 5 DVDs, using UPS ground). I'm deciding if I want all 5 or if I want to do the "buy any 3" option...

P.S. I didn't realize this at first, but if you click on "About Mark", there is an individual video clip for all 5 of the Sedona Experience practices.

Tags
alan finger, david swenson, outdoor settings, rainbeau mars, rod stryker