Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-06, 11:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

My day-to-day log is low tech: each day, I write my workouts on a sheet of loose-leaf notepaper, doing one week per page (I started this mainly as a way to keep track of my workouts for checkins!). However, I also have a list of all my videos (just a simple chart I did on Word), so I check off having done each video on my video list. At the end of each week, I add the daily log to a binder, and at the end of every month, I taly the video list. I don't keep track of my eating either; it just makes me feel bad to do so, even if I eat well.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 11:46 AM  
marie

I like journals with different colored pages and no lines. I fill out a basic format the night before and put my daily data in that evening. Putting the basic format in each night could be tedious but I find it lets me thing about what I want to accomplish tomorrow. I also have the freedom to add categories based on what is important to me and my goals.

Day Date Scale (yep I weigh daily)
Sleep (what time did I go to bed & get up?) Total Hours (of sleep)
Quick Check (I fill in the 0 for each 8oz H2O or activity. These are the things important to me)
Water 0000000 Vitamins 0 Fiber___
Walk 0 Weights 0 Barre 0 Stretch 00

Food Intake (meals & snacks) (I am very low-key about food tracking & just want a general idea of appetite spikes and lows. I could get particular and add more detail…)
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks

Exercise:
Walking

(I fill in the type of walk (endurance/moderate/recovery) time, and distance)

Stretch/Barre/Weights
(fill in name of DVD, add a note about how I did, weights, etc)

This is inspired by the Streaming Colors concept and FlyLady’s Body Clutter Investigator.

marie
marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 12:26 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I use a regular spiral-bound notebook (full size) to log my workouts, and keep a separate small calendar (pocket size) where I briefly write in the workout of the day or "0" for no workout. I just keep a continuous record, and use as much of the page as I need (1 line for a cardio workout, maybe a whole page for a weight workout, because I note the exercises and weights I use). It works very well for me.

I don't log food or keep a journal for that.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 12:48 PM  
CruisingCA

I've been keeping track of the activities I do, other exercise related information and my thoughts & feelings in my blog. I haven't been keeping tabs on my food intake lately but I used to also track food (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner) in my blog.
CruisingCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 01:55 PM  
Harivelo

Www.extrapounds.com

I have just discovered a website called www.extrapounds.com. It allows you to keep a blog of your weighloss journey. There are some cool features: you can upload 6 pictures (though I don't have any that seems to meet their size requirements) and there's a nice choice a fun trackers-I alway wanted to be able to see mine (for self-motivation) without logging on a forum.

Blogging seems to work for me: I have tried to get back to workout out regularly but I always found 'good' excuses not to. Well, when I was weighing myself to enter the information in my blog I decided to do a Leslie workout then and there. After that, I filled my first entry in the Streaming Colors calendar that I got for myself as a Xmas gift.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 02:47 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I use calorieking's diet diary for Palm PDA (Treo 650 smart phone) to log my food intake and use Ya Ya's personal journals section to log my workouts.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 02:59 PM  
fikustree

I also use calorie king, it is a lot like fitday but easier to use and you can use it on a mac. They give a free trial if you are interested. I find it really motivating and you can make custom excersises. You set a calorie budget and then it figures out how many you have expended through excersise and absorbed through food.
fikustree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 03:02 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

fikustree,
I also have CK's PC version (to synch with my PDA), and I am a member of CK website (if I am too lazy to use my PDA).
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 03:20 PM  
EllieE

I use www.myfooddiary.com

It works pretty well for me, and there are enough options to customize it to exactly how I want it.

I stuck one of those banker's pens on a chain to the wall of my garage, uh, workout room, and I scribble my workouts on post-it notes (also attached to the wall). Part of my cool down is taking the post-it note and sticking it on the front door so I will remember to take it to work the next day (and enter the info in my log).

I also keep a simple Exel program of the rotation I'm on, and check off the day to make sure I didn't forget/miss anything.

If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
EllieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 03:46 PM  
Sollamyn

Right now I'm keeping a little 4X6 spiral notebook that's really sturdy--found it amongst the journals/diaries section in a hobby store. It fits in my purse if I feel the need to carry it around.

Neatness is not a priority for me. Usually it's: date, weight/measurements if I do them (I weigh-in and measure periodically, but I don't have a set schedule), my workout(s)--just the name of the video is enough sometimes. Other times I'll write duration, what type, etc. I hatehatehate keeping a food journal, but I think I'll start keeping track of things like veggie servings (I don't get enough--my downfall!) and sweet treats (I get too much--my other downfall!!).

I also like to use colorful post-its to bookmark important stuff I've logged in my notebook--like my last weigh-in, etc.
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calendar, fitday.com, journals, streaming colors, workout log