Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-05, 02:17 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbelle
Kristen Kagen is out of the fitness business now and has no plans to make videos anymore unfortunately.
That's too bad.
Old 10-28-05, 04:50 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Since I was just posting about the defunct Esquire Great Body series -- whatever happened to Deborah Crocker and Marian Ramaikas?

Stacey Benson's Nautilus Plus workouts -- I still love the Rubber Band one. A few years ago, my tape of it wore out, & I was posting frantically for a trade. Didn't get a trade, but a kind VFer posted a link to the Rubber Band tape for sale at half.com. That was my very first half.com purchase - but not the last!!

Anyone want to designate a day in December to do Joanie Greggains' Holiday Workout? (I know the names of all the little animals for the 12 Days of Christmas song.)

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-05, 10:41 AM  
acey

whatever happened to....

Tim Culwell?
I obtained his old videos off the swapmeet at yayas. Although the tapes are quite dated, and obviously in the early years of step workouts, he was a hoot. It was fun seeing a very young Gay Gasper be one of his background exercisers.

Old 10-29-05, 11:21 AM  
yaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot
Anyone want to designate a day in December to do Joanie Greggains' Holiday Workout? (I know the names of all the little animals for the 12 Days of Christmas song.)
I already have my December rotation mapped out (I know, I know, very anal here...) and will be heading back to the barn to do the Funky Rudolph on December 14th & 21st!

yaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 09:38 AM  
Cardiogirl

Robin Retherford?

She was great! I loved her on Fit TV (still have several eps on vhs) and in the Buns of Steel Target Toning and Total Body Fat Burner workouts.
Cardiogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 09:48 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Anyone remember Barbara McDermott? She was a step instructor, in a couple of CIA videos, and a few of her own in the early-to-mid 90's. Very petit and energetic without being "cutsy" or "over-the-top." Then just disappeared. She has a very athletic-oriented way of stepping. Wish I'd kept her videos (but they are looooong gone). Last time I saw her, it was in a CIA video, and she was wearing a knee brace....maybe that explains why she never made any more videos?

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 12:20 PM  
doskymom

I wish Linda McHugh would make some more workouts.
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 10:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Another vote for Kendall Hogan...love him!!!
Linda

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 11:18 PM  
Fitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kweller
Hi Joanna, Gay's still active and on the scene. She did some Dummies workouts which I have (and love - 15 minute workouts for dummies, fat burning for dummies, and abs for dummies). she put out two workouts this year with Sara city (called Strength Express and Step Express, or something like that). I met Gay last year at the AAAI conference and was able to take an ab seminar/workshop with her! I believe she is also doing certification workshops at conferences such as Sara's City. She's around!
She's also doing CEU workshops through FiTour. I was blessed enough to be able to take one this past spring. I'm a new instructor, and I was probably a good 20 years younger than almost everyone there. I felt VERY intimidated at some points, but during the break I was standing out in the hall eating an apple and Gay was standing out there too, and really encouraged me. She asked me all about myself and what I was studying and such. I told her that I just started teaching, just pilates, and that I was studying dance in college. She encouraged me to teach aerobics and told me that she too had studied fine arts in college and that's what her degree was in. She was so nice and friendly (I really had no idea who she was at the time either!). I loved her "cardio crazy" portion of the workshop so much that I bought her CIA "cardio crazy" DVD. I just recently found out here on VF what CIA was all about FYI, the other portions of the workshop is titles"lovely limbs", and is also great. http://www.fitour.com/gay_gasper_TOUR.cfm
There is also an extended version of the workshop that includes "killer core" that I did not take.
http://www.fitour.com/gay_gasper.cfm
Fitkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deborah crocker, esquire, instructors, marian ramaikas