Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-05, 05:26 PM  
ooty

Seugy,

The bent arm planks are supposed to really good for the abs as per coach Sean..
Old 10-28-05, 03:27 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Figuretics

I'm not alone in knowing about this old tape -- one other VFer has admitted to having it. You can still buy it, sealed, for a few cents plus postage (half.com and amazon). It has Callanetics-type moves for upper body as well as some lower body and ab work.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 03:44 PM  
SurferGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot
I'm not alone in knowing about this old tape -- one other VFer has admitted to having it. You can still buy it, sealed, for a few cents plus postage (half.com and amazon). It has Callanetics-type moves for upper body as well as some lower bdy and ab work.

Cynthia

I have this video and it's one of my favorites!!

I wish it was longer though. I enjoy doing those types of exercises, because my arms, legs and abs scream when i'm doing them. Also, this video moves faster than Callan's videos do, so I enjoy it so much more.

I actually brought this video with me to do it this weekend. Too funny

I guess I already have all the videos I need
SurferGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 04:01 PM  
withpopcorn

can you tell me more about figuretics?

this sounds right up my alley - I suppose at .50 plus shipping I should just buy it! But I still want to know more - running time esp!
I like Callan - but don't love her! Anything about the instructor?

Thanks
liz

EDITED to add: just bought it - I mean 2.99 including the shipping!!!!! My CC can take the hit (haven't been using it for anything!!).....I'd still like to know more though!!
withpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 04:24 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Figuretics was part of the Esquire Great Body Series of tapes in the previous century. The first series, around 1986, featured Deborah Crocker. The second series, around 1997, featured Marian Ramaikas (who thereafter seems to have disappeared), and included Figuretics.

To the best of my recollection: Figuretics is 30 minutes (or 28, but anyway, about half an hour). It is set, as are all the Great Body vids, in a carpeted studio with a ballet barre installed on the wall. Marian has 2 backup exercisers. They wear shiny leotards. About 10 minutes each for upper (standing), standing lower body including a few non-threatening hip circles, and abwork (very similar to Callanetics) on the floor. Brief stretch.

The price is right; enjoy!

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 05:40 PM  
withpopcorn

Sounds great to me - thanks Cynthia!
Liz
withpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 05:44 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I really like the JB Berns Freedom Exercise and Freedom Restoration set. He has definitely got an unusual style. But now that I've gotten used to him, I kind of like his wacky little comments.
Old 10-28-05, 07:07 PM  
spacecandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh
JB Berns has a new DVD called Dynametrics which is all isometric toning exercises. There are seven sections that are each about 30 minutes: Legs, Chest, Shoulder, Back, Arms, Abs, and Stretch.
Karen when I did a search for Dynametrics I came up with this. It also has 7 sections.

THE DYNAMETRICS METHOD

The DynaMetrics Method is a combination of traditional isometric and isotonic exercises, coupled with slow-motion training and static contraction techniques.

DynaMetrics exercises have been around for thousands of years, they were originally used by the Greeks and Romans. Sculpt and tone your entire body without any machines, weights or fancy gadgets. The DynaMetrics Method has been used to train world class athletes and celebrities. Now, having put it all together in this library of seven instructional videos, everyone can learn the art and science of using their own body as the ultimate exercise machine. Now you have the freedom to exercise anytime, anywhere and anyplace with The DynaMetrics Method.

Product Includes: 7 workouts - Abdominal Sculpting, Arm Sculpting, Leg Sculpting, Shoulder Sculpting, Back Sculpting, Chest Sculpting and The Stretch Workout. Choose from 1 Mega DVD or 1 Jumbo VHS. (Only $24.95 + $8.99 shipping & handling.)

****in small print it mentions JD Berns. ******
spacecandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 09:48 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecandy
Karen when I did a search for Dynametrics I came up with this. It also has 7 sections.

THE DYNAMETRICS METHOD

The DynaMetrics Method is a combination of traditional isometric and isotonic exercises, coupled with slow-motion training and static contraction techniques.

DynaMetrics exercises have been around for thousands of years, they were originally used by the Greeks and Romans. Sculpt and tone your entire body without any machines, weights or fancy gadgets. The DynaMetrics Method has been used to train world class athletes and celebrities. Now, having put it all together in this library of seven instructional videos, everyone can learn the art and science of using their own body as the ultimate exercise machine. Now you have the freedom to exercise anytime, anywhere and anyplace with The DynaMetrics Method.

Product Includes: 7 workouts - Abdominal Sculpting, Arm Sculpting, Leg Sculpting, Shoulder Sculpting, Back Sculpting, Chest Sculpting and The Stretch Workout. Choose from 1 Mega DVD or 1 Jumbo VHS. (Only $24.95 + $8.99 shipping & handling.)

****in small print it mentions JD Berns. ******
Yep, that's the one. Pretty expensive, especially with that outrageous shipping! I got it from Netflix so I only saw the DVD itself, but it has a picture of a pretty woman and it almost looks like it might be The Method (as in the pilates series).

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-05, 07:45 AM  
spacecandy

Free s/h

Yes it is expensive but on this site it is offer free sh fees right now.

Yea that picture threw me off because it does look like "The Method".
spacecandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynametrics, figuretics, forearm, of steel, standing pilates, unique, winsor upper body