Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-04, 11:46 AM  
Videophile

Talking Vidiot's Anonymous 12 Steps

1. I admit that I am powerless over buying, collecting and hoarding exercise videos and that my life has become unmanageable.

2. I have come to believe that VF (a Power greater than myself) can restore me to sanity.

3. I have made a decision to turn my will and my videos over to the care of Video Fitness as I understand it.

4. I made a searching and fearless inventory of my video tower.

5. I’ve admitted to VF, to myself, and to another VF member the exact nature of my vidiousy.

6. I am entirely ready to remove all the unused videos from my home through the "exchange" and/or "Share the wealth."

7. I humbly ask VF members to accept all my unused videos through the "exchange" or "share the wealth" ASAP.

8. I made a list of all persons I have neglected since beginning to workout, and am willing to make amends to them all.

9. I made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would interrupt my workout time.

10. I have continued to take inventory of my videos and when I have too many, promptly admitted it.

11. I have sought through Yoga and meditation to improve my conscious contact with the VF philosophy as I understood it, praying only for knowledge of VF’s will for me and the power to carry that out.

12. I will continue to develop my own human potential and will actively help others who cannot control their vidiousy.

Amen
Videophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-04, 11:58 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videophile

6. I am entirely ready to have VF members remove all the unused videos from my home.

7. I humbly ask VF members to remove all my unused videos ASAP.

10. I have continued to take inventory of my videos and when I have too many, promptly admitted it.
Um, like, no way!!!! You must have missed my thread, "Convince me to get rid of these" and the responses posted to it.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-04, 12:18 PM  
benemma

I aspire one day...

to be like you guys. LOL! *Insert little bowing guy here*

benemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-04, 12:52 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima
Um, like, no way!!!! You must have missed my thread, "Convince me to get rid of these" and the responses posted to it.
It says "unused" videos. All you have to do is use them. Use them for a door stop, a Yoga block, a "filler" for your shelf, etc.

Nancy
Old 11-06-04, 01:05 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videophile
It says "unused" videos. All you have to do is use them. Use them for a door stop, a Yoga block, a "filler" for your shelf, etc.

Nancy

Heehee, guess I know where those Franny tapes (along with Andre and ALC) will be going then! Feel so much better now that I know they're being "used."
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-04, 01:13 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Oh wait! I thought it was "Vidiots Unanimous." I'm on the wrong thread.
Old 11-06-04, 02:42 PM  
Becka Boyd

Are you kidding me?? Give this up, NO WAY.

It's a hobby and I'm gonna keep right on!
Old 11-06-04, 05:05 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Okay, okay...

Hello, my name is Lydia...wait a minute...I'm having too much fun in my little VF world and my little home gym. I'm not ready to give up my vidiocy, thank you. (But thanks for posting these twelve steps, Nancy...if I ever need 'em)
Old 11-06-04, 05:14 PM  
renee mcfar

I am in no way ready to give up my addiction!!! I esp. like your list. #9 hits the nail on the head!! There have been many folks who have got the short end of my huffing and puffing when they had the nerve to call between 9am-11am!!! Renee
renee mcfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-04, 04:20 AM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee mcfar
I am in no way ready to give up my addiction!!! I esp. like your list. #9 hits the nail on the head!! There have been many folks who have got the short end of my huffing and puffing when they had the nerve to call between 9am-11am!!! Renee
I just don't even answer my phone if I'm working out. And that's coming from someone not thrilled with the whole huffing/puffing thing.

Nancy

Tags
no buy