Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-02-04, 08:26 AM  
keltoid

Red face Suggestions for limited floor space videos

Thanks in advance -

I am starting up my exercise routines again (I swear!) - I am 48, many moon ago used to be advanced, but now I am really starting over - but don't want boring beginner videos. I'll need at least intermediate.

Anyway, my biggest problem is floor space. Can not have videos that have long strung out 'grapevines', or dancy all over the place moves. I also don't like complex choreography without good instructions... I also have somewhat of a height limit - I can do a high box, but couldn't do a high box overhead arm raise (ceiling fan, which usually has to be on cuz get hot!LOL) -

Obviously floor work is good - step is kind of a pain though, because of space, and I don't get motivated to drag out the step - but am looking for overall toning, weight loss, and particularly abs, as I have a spare tire around my middle for the first time in my life. Need to lose 25-30 lbs.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!! Exercise videos rule!
keltoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 08:38 AM  
isa

Some suggestions:

Karen Voight Burn § Firm/ Sleek Physique
Fitprime Crunchtime (Aerobic weight Training)
Fitprime Floor Burn (floor work, no cardio)
Kickboxing!
isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 08:38 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning

Cardio intervals in a very small amount of space.

Any of Leslie's walking videos can be done in a small space too.

Tamilee's I Want Those Abs is killer!
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 08:49 AM  
fr0zen

I second the kickboxing suggestion.

Also, I was thinking Kathy Smith's Peak Fatburning. If I remember right, that one is not a space hog.
fr0zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 09:29 AM  
new2me

I also have limited floor space. Here are a few that I can do with little or no modification:

Tamilee Webb's Tighter Assets Cardio Blast...no equipment needed and not much floor space, the moves she does that move forward and back can be easily modified in place.

Cathe's Pyramids.

Cathe's Kick, Punch & Crunch.

Firm Super Body Sculpt.

Firm Complete Aerobics & Weight Training

Kathy Smith Kickboxing Workout

QuickFix Cardio Kick

Prevention's Walk Your Way Slim (has some side and up and back moves, but can easily be modified).

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 09:40 AM  
gimmat
VF Supporter

I love all the Beachbody workouts I have for this reason. Slim in 6, Slim Series, Power Half Hour, P90X, and Yoga Boot Ballet (wow, I have almost all of their stuff?) all fit in my tiny workout space without modifications. My floor space is about 5 x 10!

The rebounder is also great for space-limited workouts.

I do many workouts that take up lots more space than I have by modifying--turning in the other direction, moving in place, etc. But I have to KNOW the tape well to do that.
gimmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 10:53 AM  
wansley
VF Supporter

Another vote for Kathy Smith peak fat Burning. This is great since it doesnt take up much space and has easy choreo. Also can use this tape whether beginner or intermediate by just putting more energy into it. Good luck.
wansley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 11:50 AM  
BLuna
VF Supporter

Try Gilad

Of the several older Gilad workouts I have, all take very little floor space -- everyone on screen sticks to a small oval mat on the sand (they're filmed on beaches). And his step workouts can readily be done on the smaller steps (probably even on a section of the fanny lifter, though I've never tried that myself). I don't have his quick fit system, so I'm not sure about those.

Oh, and he's going to have some brand new workouts showing on FitTV on Monday, if you want to check them out. Info

Bev
BLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 02:35 PM  
mtnmom

Charlene Prickett's workouts don't take up too much space. Some find her chattiness annoying though.

And I like Chizel-It by Charles Harris III for good cardio/toning. He uses a full size step but really only goes up and down on it. So I use the platform of my high step instead.

Diane
mtnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 03:07 PM  
Bebop

Sharon Mann The Works - all the exercisers are working out on small circular platforms.

Prevention Walk your way slim - same thing - takes up hardly any room.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
small space, workout space